• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016 US Open Discussion Thread

I just noticed rule 34-2. I'll just put it down here.

"If a referee has been appointed by the Committee, his decision is final"

Also decision 34-2-2:

Referee Authorises Player to Infringe a Rule

Q
In error, a referee authorised a player to infringe a Rule of Golf. Is the player absolved from penalty in such a case?

A
Yes. Under Rule 34-2, a referee's decision is final, whether or not the decision is correct.

I just noticed rule 34-2. I'll just put it down here.

"If a referee has been appointed by the Committee, his decision is final"

Also decision 34-2-2:

Referee Authorises Player to Infringe a Rule

Q
In error, a referee authorised a player to infringe a Rule of Golf. Is the player absolved from penalty in such a case?

A
Yes. Under Rule 34-2, a referee's decision is final, whether or not the decision is correct.
They f#cker'd this all up!!!

U.S. Open: Sorry, USGA, Apology Not Accepted

Johnson called over a rules official and told him he didn’t cause the ball to move. Lee Westwood, a competitor who was paired with Johnson, agreed. The rules official walking with the group acknowledged their comments, apparently signed off on their conclusion, and play proceeded...

...Hall and Pagel called Johnson a liar. They didn’t use those words but by assessing a one-shot penalty, they branded him a liar. And Westwood. And the walking rules official.
I bet DJ is sitting back, US Open trophy in one hand, a crack pipe in the other, Paulina riding him reverse-cowboy, not giving a single shit about the ruling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520