• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another Gun Thread? Why Not!

Eh, I keep my gun-spending modest. For 5k I'd get...a college fund for my kid.

Man, how things've changed.

If my father would have spent 5k on full auto weapons when i was born, he would have been able to sell those guns when i graduated high school for about $100,000(or more depending on what types he bought)

I would love to see that kind of return on investment in 18 years any other way...without major amounts of risk

Full auto is an investment, not an expense. The ONLY risk involved with buying full auto as an investment is :

1. The ban on consumer Class III firearms manufacturing is lifted(good friggin luck)
2. Weapons are lost/stolen/destroyed at which case you should have them insured for their market value(so really no risk)
3. You die...in which case it didn't matter anyway
4. The government tries to round up all these weapons and take them from us, in which case its time to use them for what the 2A was put into place for.

Look at the Blair Holt Bill if you haven't seen it...

Look at the Blair Holt Bill if you haven't seen it...

Have seen it....that is a REAL long shot to pass...(AFAIK)

Plus, i lost all mine in a boating accident anyway.

EDIT: Just checked more, this has been a pet project since 07 at least and probably longer than that. This has not gotten ANY co-sponsors so its highly unlikely that it will even be brought in front of congress

Kahr K40 Covert, IWB, just behing right hip. It's for sale right now though, as I want a 1911. Hopefully a Springfield Service Loaded Stainless, although I may end up settling for just parkerized, or even the Taurus offering. Depends on how the money thing shakes out.

GFL holder?

Have you joined GCO? ;)

Have seen it....that is a REAL long shot to pass...(AFAIK)

Plus, i lost all mine in a boating accident anyway.

EDIT: Just checked more, this has been a pet project since 07 at least and probably longer than that. This has not gotten ANY co-sponsors so its highly unlikely that it will even be brought in front of congress

That's where ours were lost as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it did pass.

GFL holder?

Have you joined GCO? ;)

I just realized the other day that it expired recently, I need to renew. I'm glad that bill passed that made it not take a gazillion years, because my county was notorious for charging extra fees and taking months to process them.

Haven't joined GCO, but my buddy keeps telling me I need to.

I need to find out how to gently remove light surface rust spots from matte stainless without making shiny spots - my K40 has a little hint of surface rust in the corners of the slide serrations I need to get off before listing it for sale (probably gonna put it on GON since it moves so fast,) but I'm scared of making it too shiny.

P90? I'd love one. For now though, this will be purchased by me in the next week...

Ruger SR9 Blackened Stainless Centerfire Pistol

Was not a fan of those at all when I tried them. I shot one Mag. 2 FTE's. ....since I was looking for a dependable CCW gun....kinda turned me off very quickly. It was a range gun though, and we were shooting reloads, so it coulda just been a very worn gun. (my M&P 9c hasn't had troubles with any reloads we've put through it)

I just realized the other day that it expired recently, I need to renew. I'm glad that bill passed that made it not take a gazillion years, because my county was notorious for charging extra fees and taking months to process them.

Haven't joined GCO, but my buddy keeps telling me I need to.

I need to find out how to gently remove light surface rust spots from matte stainless without making shiny spots - my K40 has a little hint of surface rust in the corners of the slide serrations I need to get off before listing it for sale (probably gonna put it on GON since it moves so fast,) but I'm scared of making it too shiny.

Join GCO, it goes alot further with some dealers/stores and such.. Plus it's cheap, and the fact that the bills and such going on, they are super active. I volunteer for them sometimes.

Put the gun on GON and it should sell quick. If you want some quality people to deal with, albeit smaller go to GeorgiaPacking and list it there. You have to be a member for 3 months, or have 30 posts, but it's worth it.

BTW.. I moved to Newnan.. we should get a round in this summer, since your just down 85 a few minutes from me.

Was not a fan of those at all when I tried them. I shot one Mag. 2 FTE's. ....since I was looking for a dependable CCW gun....kinda turned me off very quickly. It was a range gun though, and we were shooting reloads, so it coulda just been a very worn gun. (my M&P 9c hasn't had troubles with any reloads we've put through it)

Be careful using reloads that YOU didn't reload.

I don't shoot reloads in my guns.. To me, it's akin to using a used rubber. If I loaded my own, it's different.

Hmmm, I'd be curious to try and find one.

Also, on the Blair Holt Amend., it's been in committee for a loooooooong and that ain't changing any time soon, trust me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300