• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone enjoy skiing?

How would you rate Solitude against Snowbird?

Claire, I am lookig for an objective opinion on goggles for skiing. Currently I have a pair of Scotts, not sure what model they are. Things piss me off because they are constantly fogging up, they do ok when I am actually skiing & the air is flowing, but if I stop for a second or 2 the damn things fog up.

I am looking at a pair of Oakely A frames with the persimmon lens, supposedly these won't fog. Was wondering what you or your husband used & if they are decent?

Thanks.

The most important aspect of goggles is that they fit your helmet. Don't be brand or name conscious. Bring your helmet to a shop, try on a few pairs, and pick the pair that fits the best (hey, just like golf!). You also want good optics so you can see. With goggles, you get what you pay for. All the brands make intro mid and top of the line models. The top of the line models for each brand usually have excellent ventalation. Oakely A Frames don't fit on a lot of larger sized helmets, so definitely fit it before buying it.

:)

How would you rate Solitude against Snowbird?

I view Solitude as a good warmup mountain, and Snowbird as a serios skier's mountain.

This time of year, Solitude has the more reliable snow. Fun, short runs with enough challenge to interest hubby. He likes double black diamonds; I'm happy with blues and the occasional single black to prove I can. It connects to Brighton, but we have yet to get over there.

Snowbird is one heck of a lot of mountain--it's all about vertical. It connects over to Alta, which is really more my speed. Also a better run resort--the Bass family knows what it's doing. If you are a serious skier, there is nothing like Snowbird with fresh powder.

If you're up to it, you can do the interconnect. Four resorts in one day, with lots of back country skiing between them.

Claire, I am lookig for an objective opinion on goggles for skiing. Currently I have a pair of Scotts, not sure what model they are. Things piss me off because they are constantly fogging up, they do ok when I am actually skiing & the air is flowing, but if I stop for a second or 2 the damn things fog up.

I am looking at a pair of Oakely A frames with the persimmon lens, supposedly these won't fog. Was wondering what you or your husband used & if they are decent?

Thanks.

All goggles fog. We both wear Oakleys--not sure which model. The key is NOT to take them off, no matter what.

All goggles fog. We both wear Oakleys--not sure which model. The key is NOT to take them off, no matter what.

I have to take them off, otherwise I am literally blinded. Oakleys claim to be fog free & I know it's possible since there are a couple of motorcycle helmets, specifically Scorpions, whom have fog free face shields & they work great.

Good luck with the fog free. Once my goggles start getting icy, it's all over.

Considering picking up a set of 170 cm Volkl-racetiger GS skis with Marker 12.0 bindings. Guy is asking $150 & they look great, going to see if I can lowball him just a bit.

Yes I am addicted to equipment.

You can only wear one pair at a time! That said, I definitel need longer skis--at least 150s. Not to mention new boots. We're going out west again (different, bigger resort) next month, and I'm going to make them fit me if it takes all day.

I know folks with powder skis and groomed trail skis, but that's about it.

I have five pairs in active rotation. With alpine bindings I have a groomer ski, mid-fat, and fat ski. Then I have a mid-fat and fat ski mounted with touring bindings. That is not including skis that I have retired or broken still kicking around the house. I buy skis like most ho's around here buy clubs.

:wow:

I have five pairs in active rotation. With alpine bindings I have a groomer ski, mid-fat, and fat ski. Then I have a mid-fat and fat ski mounted with touring bindings. That is not including skis that I have retired or broken still kicking around the house. I buy skis like most ho's around here buy clubs.

:wow:

Buying ski's is just as much fun as buying clubs. Any gearhead knows you can never have too much equipment, even if it doesn't make 1 ounce of sense.

Picked up some new goggles today, Anon Helix's. I believe they are made by or for Burton.
204628001_A.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423