• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Ball?

VAGolf

MHS Varsity Golf 09'
Reaction score
I know some people say the ball doesnt matter......but, which ball do YOU prefer to play?

Callaway Tour ix. ONLY complaint I have with it is that the cover doesn't hold up all that well. ProV1x is a close second!

I pay 50 cents for balls... at a local course, for found balls.
for my 50 cents, I get to play all the expensive ones. last visit, I scored quite a few Bstone 330-rx's, some Nike One's, etc.

If I had to pay retail...hmm perhaps Bstone E6 or Cally HX Hotties.

Last tuesday, the low HC guy on our Scramble team was playing Pinnacles..and dropping them on the green from 200 yards. Hmmm... :)

Prefer?
Burner TP LDS

If price didn't matter?
Bridgestone B330-RX

I haven't played the Bridgestone E6+'s in a while, but I remember those being awesome...I'll probably pick up some of those next time...

The Srixon AD33's are a pretty good ball too. I got 2 boxes and one of those HUGE Srixon towels for 25 bucks from golf galaxy a few weeks ago.

If I could afford them the Tour ix is my choice. Since I can't I've found the Titleist NXT Extreme is an EXCELLENT ball.

The TM Burner TP is okay.

All the others I've tried (most all) just don't make it IMHO.

I'm checking out the Nike One Tour D and One Vapor right now, I think the Vapor is a better fit for my game currently.

Callaway Tour i for me. But since they're $40 a dozen...yesterday I picked up two dozen TM TP Red for $55.

I've had good success with the Bridgestone RX330. However, they are very pricey. :(

I just bought 6 dozen Taylormade TP Black LDPs they are awesome balls and they tend to hold up a bit better than the callaways did.

I know this "Golf Ball" thread goes on every 4-5 months, but there seems to be something curious about them though. Each time, less and less people choose the Pro-V1 as their ball (none by far this time). Does this mean other companies have being improving their balls that much or people have starting to "try" different kind and brands of balls other than Titleist the "number one ball in golf"?

I mix it up, but..

Bridgestone B330-S and the B330-RX are my choice of balls.

If I'm playing on a windy day, the Taylormade TP Red or the Callaway Tour iX is my choice.

The last 2 rounds, with some good scores have been Taylormade TP Red, and Callaway IX.

I know this "Golf Ball" thread goes on every 4-5 months, but there seems to be something curious about them though. Each time, less and less people choose the Pro-V1 as their ball (none by far this time). Does this mean other companies have being improving their balls that much or people have starting to "try" different kind and brands of balls other than Titleist the "number one ball in golf"?

i only use Pro V1's, but i only buy the recycled packages of them for about 1/3 of the price. there probably are compatible are even better balls out there, but i'm always too busy/worried about many other parts of my game, and i'm sure the Pro V1 doesn't need too much improvement.

so bottom line is the ball i play is way down the list of things i have to work on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520