• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

February good month for Ebay ho'ing

I would think mid-week, mid-day is the best time for an auction to end. Serioulsy, think about how much time y'all spend at the computer during the day at work...

While the busiest mall shopping days of the year are the day after the big holidays, the busiest WEB shopping day is the next business day following those holidays because everyone is back at their computers.

Blimey,you are top ho;)

Imo,the TMs are a better club,why no wait and see if you prefer the Mizzys first before you sell them? Is in the Projects you don't like? To stiff?

man, I am 6ft. 3" and so need the 1 degree upright and half an inch longer that the Mizunos that are coming have. The TM's are just standard everything. I bought them "accidently" off ebay; ie. they went for the ridicuously low bid that I bid for them and I ended up winning them !
They aren't too stiff, no - they are 6.0 Project and I need 6.5s. They are real nice, but I have always seeked getting a set that was built around my height, build, technique, etc. :miz: :)

That's classic. Awesome!!
icon10.gif

Andy. Not sure how much luck you've had with the 10dayers but I wouldn't bother spending the extra $$ to do it. I actually tend to lose interest if I have to put it on my watch list for a week. They'll most likely just sit there at $100 or something for 9 days and jump to $400 or whatever in the last hour.

I'd go with the standard auction, no reserve in big red letters and have MG bump it for you.
icon10.gif

3 points, dude:

- Afaik, it costs no more to do 10 day auctions. May do in the U.S., butI am 99% sure that it don't apply here.

- I am hoping to get 400 pounds and not 'dollars' for these; they are in real good nick.

- The police here are said to be cracking down on folk on ebay who are "shimming"; ie. boosting other people's auctions. I am as guilty as the next person of doing this and I am not quite sure of how they are going to monitor and accuse people of doing this, but I am not really going to bother doing it in the future....

Oh ok. I've never done the bump thing but had someone put in a max bid for me when I had something set NR. Not really bumping someones bid just making sure it didn't go for 1/2 what it was worth. That's all paranoia though. I'm sure you've seen that clubs pretty well stay around the same price by 10% or so on the norm. I usually just look at what people are paying for a common item, say like an R7 quad and then use the BIN around the same price. If you are looking for the most $$ full no reserve auction is best but it's sort of a gamble.

Good luck with them.

Cheers, dood :)

Lol @ you knowing all the ins and outs of ebay :D I am addicted; pure and simple..:( :real angry:

Cheers, dood :)

Lol @ you knowing all the ins and outs of ebay :D I am addicted; pure and simple..:( :real angry:
I'm with you there,I hate to say but I have won clubs only B/c of the deal.What are the thoughts on the Tee time auctions?

- The police here are said to be cracking down on folk on ebay who are "shimming"; ie. boosting other people's auctions. I am as guilty as the next person of doing this and I am not quite sure of how they are going to monitor and accuse people of doing this, but I am not really going to bother doing it in the future....[/quote]

There is a golf course around where I live that sells their demos on Ebay every fall. After following a few of their auctions I am convinced they are fixing all of their auctions. Their stuff always sells for 40-50 % more than similar stuff selling and almost all the bids originate from the same region.

I suggest waiting till April or May if youre not in any rush to sell your irons. Prices are way better then.

So they have a bunch of fake $hit from China on there and they are worried about "bump bids"?? What's up with that?

I can't see that being enforced.

An auction is just that - an auction. You have X amount of dollars that you are willing to spend for Y product. If someone else's X dollars is more than yours, you're screwed. End of story.

I hate this pouting of people that aren't willing to bid enough on an item that obviously has some net worth, otherwise people wouldn't be bidding on it. And, if the guy wants to pay the E-bay fees and final price fees to bump his auction up beyond what someone is willing to pay for the item, so be it.

I've been burned by the top up before, but there's plenty of fish in the sea.

I really can't see them enforcing this. There are currently over 40 million items on E-bay, and price bumping isn't just relegated to golf equipment. Think of the manpower to enforce such an ordeal. It ain't happenin'.

R35

No they sell legitimate stuff but the auctions arent legit. a few club members bid on everything drive the bid price up. They get 2 to 3 times the numbers of bids as honest sellers. If I see it happen next year again I'll probably file a complaint with Ebay. I'd like to hear their explanation as to why the same 4 or 5 people bid on all their stuff but never seem to win any of the auctions.

No they sell legitimate stuff but the auctions arent legit. a few club members bid on everything drive the bid price up. They get 2 to 3 times the numbers of bids as honest sellers. If I see it happen next year again I'll probably file a complaint with Ebay. I'd like to hear their explanation as to why the same 4 or 5 people bid on all their stuff but never seem to win any of the auctions.

I'm with ya, Pull, believe me.

I'm just doubting that they can do anything about it.

Scenario: I bid on an item from Global Golf. I lose the bid to another person. I then bid on another item, and lose again. A third, fourth and fifth time, still no wins for me. However, I know Global Golf to be a great place to get stuff from, so I like trying to win their auctions.

Am I innocently doing the same thing?

Too hard to police.

R35

It all comes down to one thing my friend, the mighty buck. Ebay gets thiers either way so what do they care. I live in the city, the mediocre part now but I used to live in the bad part. Trust me, the authorities have a lot, lot, lot more serious stuff to tend to than bump bids.

What I meant about the fakes is Ebay is littered with them. It's not just golf clubs by any means. My dad got burned on a fake coin. Try buying a pair of Nike 360 sneakers, 3/4 of them are from China.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520