• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Reaction score
does anybody on this site like football?, i mean english football not american football?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok i guess not, what about American football?

I realize that football is the most popular sport in the world. Nonetheless, most of us on this side of the pond aren't big fans.

Despite that, the game is growing at the grass roots level and more and more kids are playing the game all the time, so perhaps the popularity is growing.

You mean NFL right, I love football. I have fantasy leagues and every sunday, I sit by the couch with the tacos in one hand and a drink in the other. It doesn't get much better than that. Then, the Jets lose so I eventually throw the remaining tacos.

No, not NFL. What the americans call soccer...

Played Soccer for 11 years

Still can't stand watching it. Never played americann football other than at the park or in a buddies yard, watch it every week its on. I will even watch the Fire or Galaxy games out of Europe. Loved playing hockey as a kid in Maine, can't stand watching that either. Some sports are just more TV friendly.

Speaking of American football, I went to the Alabama - LSU game yesterday. It was a gritty affair and we lost in an agonizing overtime period...still really fun though...a carnival atmosphere before the game and a funeral atmosphere afterward...

Bravo said:
Speaking of American football, I went to the Alabama - LSU game yesterday. It was a gritty affair and we lost in an agonizing overtime period...still really fun though...a carnival atmosphere before the game and a funeral atmosphere afterward...
See, Bravo? if UT didn't suck so bad, I'd be running smack on ya'. :D

bdcrowe said:
See, Bravo? if UT didn't suck so bad, I'd be running smack on ya'. :D

They've had one of those nightmare seasons where nothing goes right and then it all just snowballs downhill...getting worse and worse.

There's always next year...

Yep. And you can be proud of the season the Tide is putting together. UT found out first hand how dangerous the LSU offense is. UA shouldn't hang their head at a defeat to them.

bdcrowe said:
Yep. And you can be proud of the season the Tide is putting together. UT found out first hand how dangerous the LSU offense is. UA shouldn't hang their head at a defeat to them.

It was an interesting day. Four of us went down, 3 Tiders and a Tiger. Before the game, I talked with my cousin who is also an LSU grad...

No losses are easy to take but all of us Bama fans really felt - They Had Better Players! It is not like we really did not try our best - they just have more talent on the field than we do...

So we're waiting for Next Year like everyone else...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any team from any league i just thought they America's on this site would think it was American Football

Wheelerm said:
Any team from any league i just thought they America's on this site would think it was American Football
Does rugby count? 'Cause ya'll's rugby offense is offensive. :D
eye1.jpg
eye2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54