• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got hit into

I've found that turning around and even acting like you are about to fire their ball back at them usually gets the point across, :)

If it doesn't, and there is a asecond time, take dead aim at them with a 3 iron. If you're like me, aiming at something is a sure fire way of missing it. Now if I aimed it back in their general direction, I might actually hit someone, but aiming at them, pffftttttttttt, :)

I never really get too worked up about getting hit into because it happens. If i can tell its intentional ill make the ball disappear HEHE. But you cant get upset with these guys they were just having some fun with you. They really are a great bunch of guys and this is really an enjoyable forum.

I can live with the occasional accidental occurrences of being hit into. However, I must agree with the OP that a responsible golfer shouldn't hit into a blind landing area without insuring that it is clear. This is especially true if you are aware that you are closely following other golfers.

Another thing that always infuriates me is when a golfer behind me hits his tee shot on a par three before I have even had time to reach the golf cart after walking off the green. He might be totally confident of his ability to land the ball on the green; but, being down range, I fail to share his same confidence.

Another thing that always infuriates me is when a golfer behind me hits his tee shot on a par three before I have even had time to reach the golf cart after walking off the green. He might be totally confident of his ability to land the ball on the green; but, being down range, I fail to share his same confidence.

Agree. I won't hit on a par 3 until they are well clear of the green. I don't have the ultimate confidence in my irons...length is pretty good, but left to right is sometimes a problem. Trying not to get too off topic...The problem i seem to run into is the group in front of me seems to always take their scores(which they have to sit there and count in their head...) while they sit in their carts right next to the green.

Agree. I won't hit on a par 3 until they are well clear of the green. I don't have the ultimate confidence in my irons...length is pretty good, but left to right is sometimes a problem. Trying not to get too off topic...The problem i seem to run into is the group in front of me seems to always take their scores(which they have to sit there and count in their head...) while they sit in their carts right next to the green.

Same here, I've had a single walker stand by the green and flag me to go ahead and hit. After several motions by him to go ahead and hit and me shaking my head I finally relented and hit. Naturally I couldn't have gotten closer to hitting him if I had tried.

And there is a group of 4-5 seasoned golfers that seem to relish taking there time putting out on par 3's, then sitting and standing beside their carts adding up their scores. I've taken to turning my back to them and taking practice swings till one of my playing partners tells me they have clered the green area completely. I know they have just as much right to be out there as I do, but it does get aggrivating sometimes, especially when it seems they are intentionally moving extra slow.

I agree...that can be very annoying. I often play alone, so it is rare that a group will start pushing me unless I am held up by another group in front of me. If that does happen, though; I just get in the cart as soon as I am finished and move on to the next tee. I usually will wait until I am well out of range before stopping to enter the score from the previous hole. Generally speaking, if a golfer has to take time to mentally cypher his score on a par 3, he probably should be allowing the trailing group to play through. :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520