• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If the Arizona Cardinals

LyleG

gear head
Reaction score
win the super bowl, does Kurt Warner go to the hall of fame?

I say YES without a doubt.

I think he goes regardless.

I think he goes regardless.

I agree. I think taking a team like the Cardinals to the NFC Championship game got him into the Hall.

I know he was real close before but this season has to seal the deal. Winning the SB would not only make him a lock, but it would put him quite high on the all time list imo.

he would be the first QB to win 2 superbowls with 2 different teams right?

I know he was real close before but this season has to seal the deal. Winning the SB would not only make him a lock, but it would put him quite high on the all time list imo.

IMO, he's been a better QB than Dan Marino ever was.

Yards are useless if you never win anything.

R35

So then you would also rank Trent Dilfer as a better QB than Marino?

I guess it depends on how you look at greatness. I always put Joe Montana at the top of my list of all time great quarterbacks. He never threw for a ton of yards, touchdowns etc. He was however very accurate and so cool under pressure. It is also easy to make an argument for him as he has 4 SB rings and once traded, was within a concussion of taking the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

So then you would also rank Trent Dilfer as a better QB than Marino?

No. Marino is always touted as this master of the QB position when he played for a team that did diddly except throw and lose games. Dilfer might have won a Sb, but lots of random QB's have been on teams that win SB's and then do nothing else in their careers.

Warner has won everywhere he has gone, for the most part. Had it not been for some freak injuries and one SB kick by Vinateri, he would arguably be the best QB in the league for the 1999-2005 seasons. The guy can flat out play, and he's not flashy.

R35

No. Marino is always touted as this master of the QB position when he played for a team that did diddly except throw and lose games. Dilfer might have won a Sb, but lots of random QB's have been on teams that win SB's and then do nothing else in their careers.

Warner has won everywhere he has gone, for the most part. Had it not been for some freak injuries and one SB kick by Vinateri, he would arguably be the best QB in the league for the 1999-2005 seasons. The guy can flat out play, and he's not flashy.

R35

Agreed to this. Warner for the Hall regardless.

My first intuition, simply because of his life story, I wanted to say he would go regardless. But looking at his history, while I would have guessed much more, this is only really his 5th good season in the NFL. To put it into perspective, while he has not won a Superbowl or an MVP as has Warner, Warner's stats are not much better than Daunte Culpepper had Culpepper started one year earlier (or the same year as Warner). Does Culpepper belong in the Hall of Fame? Not a prayer IMO.

So if he should win the Superbowl with a team like the Cardinals, and having taken two teams to that point, I would probably have no question he does, but in just taking them there or based on his past experience I could not say so. I actually think over the course of their careers Warner had a better supporting cast in his time in the NFL. Culpepper is simply trying to continue his career, which is not a sign of a Hall of Fame player.

Further I am not positive Culpepper would have not done as well this year with Boldin and Fitzgerald. Whom I would likely take over Moss and Carter in Culpeppers prime and towards the end of Carters career.

Warner has a SB ring and two league MVP's. He's going to the hall regardless of the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Unless, of course, he pulls a Pete Rose or Roger Clemens post career before he is eligible. Highly unlikely, but you never know what skeletons lie in the closet.

My advice to Kurt, stay away from Michael Irivn until your bust is in Canton, trouble just seems to follow that guy.

PA

Stats mean nothing compared to winning. This is a game where winning means everything. Warner is a winner, simple as that.

PA

Stats mean nothing compared to winning. This is a game where winning means everything. Warner is a winner, simple as that.
Yes and No.

In that scenario any player that contributed in Warner's years with St. Louis would belong in the Hall of Fame. Actually I still believe Faulk was more deserving of the MVP in at least one of those years (and only gave it to Warner because it was close and to "share the wealth"), and would without any doubt say that Faulk belongs in the HOF as he as well impact 2 different teams. You still have to look at supporting players for the teams. STL also had one of the better defenses in the league those years and had Trent Green not been hurt he would have done the same.

You do so with 2 teams, you kinda draw a lot of question. You just put the stats up that Warner did for 5 years with one team, there is still a lot of question. Does any player that wins an MVP and a Super Bowl belong in the HOF? You answer yes to that and you seriously cheapen the meaning.

edit 1 - Does Doug Williams and Mark Rypien belong in the Hall of Fame? I am a diehard Skins fan, and you would never see me answer yes to that. I am not sure Rypien belonged in the NFL and has similar accomplishments to Warner. Without his WR's and Offensive Line, Rypien would have been a bust. It would have been a tragedy for him not to win the Super Bowl.

.... Rypiens RB was Earnest Byner, but they had a vicious defense for which Rypien had zero sacks for the D. ;) ... and of course and O-line that was unequaled at the time and Monk, Sanders and Clark running routes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301