• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Let's play the Favre retirement game.

Will Favre finally retire?

• Yes, he played his heart out & has nothing more to prove.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, he doesn't want an interception to be his final play.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe, but the Vikings won't know until training camp is over.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don't care, just wish the drama queen would decide quickly & put it to rest.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Hey, I'll give Joe my pick for best of all time. Did I watch him play live? No. I saw objectively what he had done and could do, and only in the recent years have I been able to see any of this via NFL Network. I'll give Bradshaw #2, barely behind Joe though. Beyond that? I'd have to do research, a lot of it, which seems to be something in short supply in this thread.

And this is why your argument will never hold any water. Which is why I won't be responding with any attempts at intellectual debate as far as this goes with you. There's no point.

You can research and give me all the #'s in the world but the problem with this debate is that everybody has a different #1 of all time and how do you say who's wrong. Do you go by SB victories? Well in that case Montana and Bradshaw have to be tied, they each have 4 and 0 losses.

Do you go by stats? Than you have to say Favre is 1 and Marino is 2.

Do you go by heart? Toughness? Who has the hottest wife/gf?

I still love this debate though. I would disagree that Montana and Bradshaw are a close 1 & 2 though. My reason, Steel Curtain! What was the name of the 49ers D? There wasn't one.

Jeff, you are being a tard in this "debate", you cannot discredit someones opinion on their rankings simply because you don't agree with them.

Who has the hottest wife/gf?

Unless some QB marries Monica Belucci, then Tom Brady is the winner forever!!!!! I just love Giselle.... :wink:

I still love this debate though. I would disagree that Montana and Bradshaw are a close 1 & 2 though. My reason, Steel Curtain! What was the name of the 49ers D? There wasn't one.

I think this is something else which needs to be taken in consideration. Teamates make the biggest difference in how someone plays. I'm sure if David Car had played in a different team who didn't keep him running on every play, he could have had an All-Star career. The first name that comes into my mind woud be John Elway, not because he had the best OL, but because he had the best Runnign Game with him. When the Broncos won the Super Bow, Terrell Davis was unstopable. That obviously took a lot of pressure away from him, and he was able to maniobrate without much problems. Let's take a recent example, Aaron Rodgers. I think he is a hell f QB, but when his offensive line couldn't stop a snail, he spent most of the time running away, his numbers were not very good and you could have thought he just sucked. When the OL decided to play, he became instantly a great player.

Fair enough Xam.

And MC, if you are any standard for your alma mater...I feel sorry for Philip.

I think this is something else which needs to be taken in consideration. Teamates make the biggest difference in how someone plays. I'm sure if David Car had played in a different team who didn't keep him running on every play, he could have had an All-Star career. The first name that comes into my mind woud be John Elway, not because he had the best OL, but because he had the best Runnign Game with him. When the Broncos won the Super Bow, Terrell Davis was unstopable. That obviously took a lot of pressure away from him, and he was able to maniobrate without much problems. Let's take a recent example, Aaron Rodgers. I think he is a hell f QB, but when his offensive line couldn't stop a snail, he spent most of the time running away, his numbers were not very good and you could have thought he just sucked. When the OL decided to play, he became instantly a great player.

You're right, the same can be said about running backs. Can you imagine what Barry Sanders could have done behind the Cowboy's OL? Can you say 2500 yds in a season! Sanders was a great RB on a poor to mediocre team. Emmit Smith was a good RB on a great team.

Fair enough Xam.

And MC, if you are any standard for your alma mater...I feel sorry for Philip.
Hey, by the time I "grew up" and went back to college, I wasn't nearly as bad as I was the first time I went to college!

Wait, that really doesn't help any, does it?

Well, Rivers is still the best!!

Btw, to try and actually add to this thread, I did see Bradshaw play back in the day. Probably one of the toughest QB's to ever step foot on the field. He could plow over anybody on any day, and he enjoyed doing it!

And Bob Griese led the Dolphins to back to back Superbowls...phenomenal QB.

Namath, Unitas...this arguement could easily go on forever...

You're right, the same can be said about running backs. Can you imagine what Barry Sanders could have done behind the Cowboy's OL? Can you say 2500 yds in a season! Sanders was a great RB on a poor to mediocre team. Emmit Smith was a good RB on a great team.

That's what I always thought about Barry Sanders, he was just such a wasted talent!!! If he could run with the Lion's offensive line, knowing EVERY play was going to be a run since they had no passing game either so the defense was always prepared, just think what would have happened with at least a mid-table QB and one or two decent guards. Another example in a different position would be Calvin Johson. I think the guy could easily match Fitzgerard or Randy Moss (when he wants to play obviously), but unless Stafford is the real thing, he will be just another Lion's talent lost.... Like New England: Tom Brady is awesome, but when you have Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (my favorite of all), it wa easier for him to complete that perfect season.

I don't know, Stafford has the talent, hopefully the Lions can do something with it.

On the other hand, you see QBs like Matt Ryan and what he is capable of with not much, and it puts him in a different league.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301