• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

March Madness

I had Texas taking out the Stinkin' Badgers. You picked Davidson over the Longhorns? Gutsy call. Davidson looks to be the Cinderella this year. Fitting that they took out the 'Zags first. Wisconsin-Davidson should be a good matchup. Curry against the vaunted Badger D. Not that the rest of the guys on Davidson are slouches. They look to be a well-coached, and well-disciplined team.

GO VOLS !!!

Gotta take chances to win these bracket things. Davidson was on a roll heading into the tournament so I figured I would run them through the Sweet 16. The dance ends for Davidson after they beat the Badgers. :D

Besides, I need all the help I can get with the Blue Devils bowing out so early, I had them getting to the final game and losing to the Cardinals. :unhappy:

Gotta take chances to win these bracket things. Davidson was on a roll heading into the tournament so I figured I would run them through the Sweet 16. The dance ends for Davidson after they beat the Badgers. :D

Besides, I need all the help I can get with the Blue Devils bowing out so early, I had them getting to the final game and losing to the Cardinals. :unhappy:
My "chances" involved taking all the #10 seeds. That didn't work out so well...

Here a quote from CBS Sports columnist Gary Parish, dated March 24, 2008.

"Plus, when push comes to shove -- or hand comes to arm -- it's now pretty clear the Bruins are going to get favorable officiating, and that's a nice advantage to have when the goal is to win it all."

Here the column, in case you want to read it all. NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

......i hate ucla.

ualtim

Yeah, right. :D Wisconsin goes even deeper. You heard it here first... :)

does it really matter guys.....look who the winner of that game has to play......futile either way. :beach3:

You might be right. On paper KU is pretty awesome. But stranger things have happened in this tourney... :D

You might be right. On paper KU is pretty awesome. But stranger things have happened in this tourney... :D
Come on WBL, say it ... like when they tried to work their way through the b's in the first round for two years in a row .... Bucknell, Bradley. I know, you probably just couldn't remember their names, right? :laugh:

I am the older wiser one :D I won't pretend to say I am not excited they are playing Villinova (if for no other reason, it will mean that I get to see the game :)) over Clemson, or the fact that Davidson knocked off Georgetown, and hope that they will do the same against Wisconsin. In the same sense, I would take nothing for granted that outside of my first or second year there, in the last 25 years the only KU team that won the championship was likely the least accomplished. On paper I think they look better than any team they have had since 1998 when they had Pierce and Lafrentz went in as #1 and lost to the eventual champion Arizona, and maybe even better than any team since the '86 team that had 35 wins as well, where had they won out in either, they would have set the NCAA record for wins. Actually, they have had a big tendency to losing to the eventual National Champion, when at the time it was considered on of the biggest upsets of the given tournament.

Take nothing for grant, and since I live in PA, for the love of God don't take Villanova for granted, I still haven't lived down the loss to Bucknell and I didn't know about 100 friends or acquaintances that went to Bucknell.

I seem to remember Wisconsin in the final four a few years ago when another Big 10 team (MS) won it all. And the number 1 big 10 team played in the championship game last year and the year before. And Wisconsin also playing (and almost beating) UNC in the great eight game a couple years ago. :)

Badgers down to Davidson by 18 with about 4 minutes left. The Badgers are toast... :laugh:

Badgers down to Davidson by 18 with about 4 minutes left. The Badgers are toast... :laugh:

I didn't have them getting out of this rd anyways. Course my tourney bracket got screwed by TN losing, I had them winning it all.

Even I (a Davidson Alumn) am still surprised by how far they have gone this year. I knew they had a good team but did not expect this.

Big 10 teams really sucked. Wisconsin shot bricks all night. And their D looked like crap. 6' 11" white guys that can't run, jump, or shoot. There's a real winning combination. Clang! Clatter! Doink! They couldn't even make 2 free throws...........Clank! How humiliating was that performance? :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520