• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New and want to learn!

Mpfgolf

Reaction score
Hey Shottalk! My name is Maison, and I’m joining because I recently have been getting into club restoration and customization in my garage. I started with an old master that my neighbor gave to me when I was about ten years old, and I was hooked! I would love any suggestions on good forum threads, articles, anything to help me learn. Thanks!

Ping fever is for real, if the rumors are true my G700’s will ship on Friday and I’ll be taking possession of them early April.

@PaPaD is our resident custom/restoration guru. He’s also a helluva guy!

Welcome to ShotTalk!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ping fever is for real, if the rumors are true my G700’s will ship on Friday and I’ll be taking possession of them early April.

@PaPaD is our resident custom/restoration guru. He’s also a helluva guy!

Welcome to ShotTalk!!!
Thanks for the recommendation! I finished two projects, one on an old master, and one on an adams putter I found in a ditch. About five days later and I have bought twelve putters hahaha

Hey Shottalk! My name is Maison, and I’m joining because I recently have been getting into club restoration and customization in my garage. I started with an old master that my neighbor gave to me when I was about ten years old, and I was hooked! I would love any suggestions on good forum threads, articles, anything to help me learn. Thanks!
Welcome Maison! I'll be happy to share my experiences with club building, repairing, restoring. It's a passion!

Welcome Maison! I'll be happy to share my experiences with club building, repairing, restoring. It's a passion!
Thanks! I don’t have any specific questions right now, but may in the future. I’ve been reading a blog called diygolfer and it’s pretty good

Maybe you could give me some direction on best places to learn? Or any general tips I could use on black oxide and torching

Maybe you could give me some direction on best places to learn? Or any general tips I could use on black oxide and torching
You've stumped me already. Most of my experience has been in shining up older SS irons, paint-filling heads, repainting metal woods, etc. Club building, repair and re-shafting - I have MANY stories to share!

I’m sure I will have fu
You've stumped me already. Most of my experience has been in shining up older SS irons, paint-filling heads, repainting metal woods, etc. Club building, repair and re-shafting - I have MANY stories to share!
ture club building questions for you, and I’d love to hear the rear stories lol

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427