• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Driver Prices

I played 2 holes with a woman who was probably in her 80's. Never left the fairway and two putted. She shot a 12 on a 370 yd par 4. The first hole was a par 3, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I had to excuse myself after the second hole and jump ahead.

That's right, if you do the math, that's an average of 37 yards per excruciatingly slow shot.
And, she probably had to take four or five practice swings before each of those 37 yard shots!!!! Of course, if she is 80 and plays golf... I'd hit it!!!!!:eek:

Mrs. Havercamp :D

I got a callaway big bertha on amazon this winter for 149.00. I didnt think it was bad given that it was 499 just 6 months prior. I did recently bend and buy a new set of callaway xr 3h through pw off of ebay for 699, which is significantly lower than the 1099 retail price. I'll have to say they have been worth every cent. However I was switching from senior shafts from my last clubs to regular flex. I guess maybe in this case its not the Indian or the arrow, but maybe the bow?

I have a 975J and a 983K with a Prolite 35s shaft. Beautiful clubs and there ain't many new clubs that beats the 983K. I still usually play my Mizzie MP001 with the same shaft because it's a Mizuno [emoji4]

I got a callaway big bertha on amazon this winter for 149.00. I didnt think it was bad given that it was 499 just 6 months prior. I guess maybe in this case its not the Indian or the arrow, but maybe the bow?

I borrowed a 2014 BB today on the last 4 holes of our scramble. One of our teammates had one with the Fubiki R shaft, 10.5* with the sliding weight in the draw position. I KILLED it...............the ho in me is whispering in my ear.............

I borrowed a 2014 BB today on the last 4 holes of our scramble. One of our teammates had one with the Fubiki R shaft, 10.5* with the sliding weight in the draw position. I KILLED it...............the ho in me is whispering in my ear.............
The Fubuki shaft is magic! That's what is in the CB5's I have and the VRS. It's amazing!

Isn't that the shaft that's in the Mizuno MP630?
I've tried it in stiff but it felt a bit too soft for me, maybe it's my swing more than the shaft...

The Fubuki shaft is magic! That's what is in the CB5's I have and the VRS. It's amazing!
I take it the Nike driver worked out well for you. I started to get one of those when I bought my covert tour. Probably would have been better off. The Nike is in timeout and I'm using the G10 with an x-stiff VS proto that is much more forgiving and a bomber when hit well.

I take it the Nike driver worked out well for you. I started to get one of those when I bought my covert tour. Probably would have been better off. The Nike is in timeout and I'm using the G10 with an x-stiff VS proto that is much more forgiving and a bomber when hit well.
It's a fairway finder for sure! Not super long but I'll take a ball in play for sure!

Didnt you have one and sell it quickly?

Big Bertha Alpha 815 drivers are $300 now down from $450. Mine is on it's way. I love this time of year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520