• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packers: 2011 superbowl champions

What ifs? Pfff...

If Mendy doesn't get sandwiched. If Ben gets that ball off a split second before the Pack defender gets his arm. If the Packers were called for holding on that 3rd and short (which they shoulda been). If the Packers weren't called for the facemask (which they shouldn't have been).

Not worried in ifs. If the Bucs beat the Lions Packers aren't in it. If 2nd stringer Isaac Redman doesn't break 3 tackles against the Ravens. Hehe.

Honestly, they both are incredibly talented teams that, with a strong draft, and do some damage. I just hope Ben wins at least one more, I really, really do.

Jeff... The Steelers 'were' a good team. But, in a world of hard hits and constant physical abuse, the old bodies are getting tired. So, I've heard that since the devestating Super Bowl loss, the Steelers have made a decision on the NFL Draft. For their first pick, the Steelers will draft Mike Tomlin... their coach. I believe he's younger than 80% of the players and, certainly, showed more exuberance during the game. Once back playing the game, the 'youth movement' of the Senior Sitizens Steelers... the Steeler will need a coach. A coach needs to be older and wiser than the players, so... Looks line Rooney is going after either John Madden or Lew Holtz to replace Tomlin.

Also, it was discovered during the Super Bowl, that the Packers and Steelers are two of the few teams that do not have cheerleaders. One of the agreements any Super Bowl team was required to sign to play in Jerry Jones' stadium, was to recruit a cheerleading squad similar to the Dallas Cowgirls. (Cowgirls... not to be confused with the team Dallas has fielded this past few years!) So... The Steelers have asked Ben Roethlisberger to take charge of cheerleader recruitment. In fact, it was rumored Big Ben was on a recruiting trip in a Dallas bar the week before the Super Bowl. Ben has asked Tiger Woods to assist with making the final selections.

Remember when the Packers won two games in a row to get into the playoffs then beat the Eagles and the Falcons and the Bears and then played in the Super Bowl against the Steelers and then won the Super Bowl?

That was cool.

Kevin

The age of the Steelers D wasn't apparent. Not obviously. You see it mostly in the run game, which I think speaks for itself.

Nah, it's the corners. I've already posted elsewhere my big long explanation for why it is critical that the Steelers get a corner in the first round this year. Obviously as a team they came up short, but you gotta start somewhere.

Headlines in GB after game:
image002.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35