• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packers: 2011 superbowl champions

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I should make this thread.

I am disappointed, surely, but you played through adversity, injury, and more. With some sadness, but happiness for Aaron Rodgers, I say, Grats to all of our Wisconsin lot here, and all packers fans.

:)

I hate close games like this. I'm a nervous wreck afterwards. But the Pack did it.

Not a Packer fan, but it was nice to see University of Michigan alum Charles Woodson get a ring. He has had a hell of a career thus far. Sucked that he went down with an injury in the 2nd quarter.

With so many injuries and so many reserves stepping up there are a lot of guys that will want a new contract next year. Good luck to the Packer's to see who they can keep, or they should be able to get some good deals from trades.

Congrats you cheeseheads!!

1. Surprised the score got that high. I thought for sure this was going to be a defensive showdown.
2. Injury after Injury after Injury. I thought for sure the Steelers offense was going to tear us apart with our guys dropping like flies out there.
3. Dropped passes. Could you imagine the yardage/completion percentage/etc Rodgers would have had if the passes that hit receivers in the chest would have been caught?
4. Missed calls by the refs. The main one was that face mask call. That was a terrible call. Also there was a bullshit hold they called on a steelers player early in the game.
5. Terrible offensive play calling by the Pack. They were getting a couple yards out of pretty much every run they ran...yet with time they needed to burn of the clock, they were throwing(and not catching)...Right before half time, they should've slowed down and ran time off the clock so the Steelers wouldn't have time to get their feet under them with that last drive. Then when they needed to punch the ball in immediately(last drive where they got the field goal) they dilly dallied around....wtf
6. Attempting to push the receiving player into the ball on that punt. Legal...yeah, i know, but lets be professional here, no need to play dirty. To be honest though, the receiver should have gotten the hell out of there, I understand that.

Pretty much my thoughts on the game. Both teams played very well. Without the turnovers, i don't think the Pack would've won it.

Glad to have the trophy back home though!

We were cheering on our "home town boy". Jordie Nelson grew up in a little town just north of us. Walked on to college ball, not recruited. He dropped a couple last night, that he wouldn't have dropped earlier in the year. Nervous?? Who knows. There was some good coverage on a couple of them. His SB Ring will be larger than the entire town he grew up in.
Aaron Rodgers is a pretty cool head. Played well through having injured players dropping like flies.
Roethlisberger did a good job faking the leg injury. Commentators were worried he would even be able to stand in the pocket, as it appeared he couldn't even put weight on the leg. Next play he runs for 14 yards.
Woodson was really hurt! Watched him grimace on the sideline with the broken collarbone.

Too often, Super Bowl games are lopsided. This one went right up until the end. I kept thinking the Packers would roll over and the Steelers would end up walking away with it. The announcers kept talking about the record deficiet overcome had been 10 points. Pittsburgh was behind 21-3 during the second quarter and looked like they would come back... and win.

Good game!!

Great game.
Just a repetition of the Conference Finals game: Same Packers who played against the Bears: Packers started with an aggressive game and I was foreshadowing a 48-3 game. Shitty second half until the last minutes of play. Same Steelers who played the Ravens: They sucked in the first half and suddenly started getting better for the second half and I had no doubt after their second TD they where going to win this one. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Rodgers played quite a game, and his numbers as some one said before, didn't really reflect his game (there should have been at least 50 more yds and one TD for dropped passes). I'm sorry for Big Ben fans, but there was just ONE QB in the field yesterday. I guess his 77 QB rating (although better than the 22.6 of his first appearance) wasn't enough this time.

So, he now has the same amount of rings as the last Packer's QB but still has years and years to come. It is a pity for us Bears fans, since this means the Conference will just get tougher to win every year:D

Oh, by the way, Brett who???
who?

Next year should be interesting. Packers will get back all the starters that were lost this year, so should be really deep. Don't see many players leaving since majority of them are under contract. Possibly some Coaches. Vikings won't be a factor............they may be the Los Angeles Vikings.............who knows? Getting old on defense and offensive line sucks. No QB worth a crap. All they have is Peterson. Detroit will be tough if they can keep their QBs healthy. I sure wouldn't want to play Pittsburgh twice a year like teams in their division. They'll be back soon..........they're too good.

Next year should be interesting. Packers will get back all the starters that were lost this year, so should be really deep. Don't see many players leaving since majority of them are under contract. Possibly some Coaches. Vikings won't be a factor............they may be the Los Angeles Vikings.............who knows? Getting old on defense and offensive line sucks. No QB worth a crap. All they have is Peterson. Detroit will be tough if they can keep their QBs healthy. I sure wouldn't want to play Pittsburgh twice a year like teams in their division. They'll be back soon..........they're too good.

Oh Steelers are good enough, more than good enough. The only issue they have is their players are getting old. Just like what happened with the RAvens some years ago. An OLD Steelers defence is still better than 90% of any in the NFL, but some young healthy quick teams might be able to take some adtantage from that.

Interesting before the game, Rothelisberger was the "next" all time great. He didn't look great at all in any of the playoff games I watched-I know they won but man. I will give him credit on the TD pass he threw to make it 21-10, falling away and down he finds the reciever in the corner of the end zone with a perfect throw. It's almost like he needs guys hanging on him and he "turns it on!"

Rodgers-oh how I wish the Niners had drafted him. My only hope is that he doesn't get to many more concussions and plays a full career.

Rodgers-oh how I wish the Niners had drafted him. My only hope is that he doesn't get to many more concussions and plays a full career.

When a player emerges like Rodgers did its impossible not to think about the draft and how the hell did the scouts let him pass that easily to a bottom of the first round. Its funny to think what would have happaned if.... Rodgers might have not been half the player he is if he would have played for the Niners. Maybe having Favre as a mentor, having to do the best possible effort instead of being a super star to start with, knowing he could lay back while the toughest QB was breaking appereances records instead of being sent in his first seasson as cannon-meat against the Bears defense, etc. There are a lot of factors affecting the equation. I just hope to see a lot more from Rodgers and the Packers, and hope the rest of the league (SPECIALLY Jay Cutler) analize what happened yestarday and realize you need a heart and spirit to play this game!

When a player emerges like Rodgers did its impossible not to think about the draft and how the hell did the scouts let him pass that easily to a bottom of the first round. Its funny to think what would have happaned if.... Rodgers might have not been half the player he is if he would have played for the Niners. Maybe having Favre as a mentor, having to do the best possible effort instead of being a super star to start with, knowing he could lay back while the toughest QB was breaking appereances records instead of being sent in his first seasson as cannon-meat against the Bears defense, etc. There are a lot of factors affecting the equation. I just hope to see a lot more from Rodgers and the Packers, and hope the rest of the league (SPECIALLY Jay Cutler) analize what happened yestarday and realize you need a heart and spirit to play this game!

Very true! The Niners were and still are much farther away from being competitive during the '05 draft than the Packers were and are. I don't think Alex Smith ever really got a fair shake but that's true of alot of QB's that come out of college and get thrown to the wolves. He's had something like 3 head coaches and 4 or 5 offensive coaches in the 5 yrs he has been in the league.

It was fun to watch Rodgers though. He actually reminds me alot of Elway. Elway had that cannon for an arm but when he needed to move he could and could scramble well and throw on the move well.

I'll tell ya what hurt. We're better than that. It's not the loss, I kinda knew the Packers were the biggest threat in the NFC after they beat the Eagles, they played fundamentally good football. Nah, it's that we could have beaten them. Maybe not easily, but the ability for teh Steelers was there.

This is a very curious circumstance for me. I am very, very happy for Aaron Rodgers. Some of you may recall, when they traded Brett, I even supported the decision, the little we saw from Rodgers was promising. After the Cardinals game, I actually picked a Steelers or Ravens vs. Packers Superbowl. I can go into more detail, but won't. So what I'm saying, I'm really happy for the Pack, all of you, and Rodgers.

However, what hurts here, is that I know my Steelers are better. '09 Ben was the reason the Steelers got to 9-7, and not worse. We know the guy can be an offense. We know he's clutch. Troy was defensive player of the year, and based off of his performance in teh regular season, it was a good choice. Harrison had a great season, and Mendenhall was consistent. Not AP or CJ2k, but, he's solid and reliable. None of this was true. I won't be dumb here. Part of this is because the Packers defense has the ability to make good teams look bad (See: Eagles, Falcons, Bears), but we've been here before. This was where the Steelers knew how to win, not even if it was pretty And none of that was true.

If the Pack won, but the Steelers played a good solid football game, I could tolerate that. But they didn't, the Steelers got the game close by virtue of the talent they possess, but not by executing the way they can.

HOWEVER....

The Steelers have promise. An aging defense has seen some youth strength. Yes Farrior and Harrison are getting older, but Worilds and Sylvester have talent and when they did play, showed good things. Young WR corps, young QB, Polamalu if he can keep healthy is...well...him. And Ziggy Hood showed me some really nice things at the end of this season.

The same for the Packers. Finley and Grant get back, even with Woodson getting older, you have Tramon and Shields. Mathews is...well, like his family. Before the game someone once said, this could end up being a rivalry. Obviously these things are impossible to predict, but no one should be surprised if we see return customers between both teams, and this Superbowl may the the first of a couple between the two teams.

For all of us, I hope so.

Jeff, i agree.

I also think the pack left some execution on the table. If they would have caught half the passes that hit receivers in the chest and were dropped...that would've added who knows how many points. The drop from Jones would've been an easy 7 alone. There were at least 3 other drops that would've been 3rd down conversions. I believe 2 of those would've put us in field goal range at least.

I saw so many terrible tackles from the Packers defense it was disgusting. Some blown coverage's as well.

Obviously they can't be perfect. The packers are a young team, i'm sure the pressure of being in the Super Bowl was fairly intense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520