• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painting a clubhead

Appreciate the offer! I may take you up in that. The good news is that it's just a club head (fairly beat up too) at this point. I'm glad you chimed in, I was just going to hand sand the head. :)

I will have to see if I can find the color I'm looking for. Thanks!

Oh and no worry about the name...someday I'll ramble on like Limp!

You would have been sanding until the cows come home..........just let me know and I'll get you the address, etc. :)

Careful with that Aircraft Paint Remover. It is some wicked stuff.

papaD's paint jobs are pretty good for being done with a spray bomb.

BJim- Please excuse papaD on the name thing. That is what we call a senior moment;):)

Last edited:
I'm building my daughter a new set of clubs, she outgrew the youth set I bought her 2 years ago.

I have a R580XD head that I am going to sand the paint off of and plan on painting it pink-her favorite color.

Anybody painted a club head before? Whats the best paint to make it look sharp?
I painted my covert, I just taped off the bottom.

I primed it with normal krylon grey primer.

Then I painted it my desired colors

Hit it with a clear coat, so now it'll never come off.

It's as simple as it seems. It will still chip in the more delicate regions, but still very satisfactory.

I might add that my paint job is pretty bad, but a lot of guys think it's cool. It's my "ghost grey" covert.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1422237034.796642.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, but that top line should be perfect. I could fix it with a razor, but proper taping would have given me a straight line.
Wait, the top line isn't supposed to have chips and scratches that stretch out across the head? Must be something wrong with my woods...

Wait, the top line isn't supposed to have chips and scratches that stretch out across the head? Must be something wrong with my woods...

Those are character marks:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422