• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about our "tournament"

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Reaction score
Is everyone still wanting to do this US vs ROTW golf league thing?

If so, I'll need everyone interested to email me some info at bd-crowe[at]comcast[dot]net.
I've designed the db and player's page, and for now am just going manually add the players manually until I get a registration page created.

Email me:
desired name, for recognition's sake let's just make it your username here.
email address
desired password
Team you'll be on-- i.e. US or ROTW
We'll figure out about figuring up a starting quota later.

Hopefully, by the end of the week I should have the pages and nlogic written to enter rounds, calculate a running quota, etc...

Again, if we're going to do this, let me know who's interested before I go any further in the project. I won't bother writing it if we end up with 4 players and no interest. ;)

Thanks.

I'm in.

E-mail sent with info.

R35

I'm in too...and thanks for doing all of the IT work. I would be frazzled on how to keep up with all of this....

:usflag: :usflag:

count me in

IG :japanflag

I'm in....I'll get you the info later today (tonight).

I'm lost. What's this tourney?

budd:

We are talking about a "virtual tournament" where we turn in our scores every week - in a "Ryder Cup" event. The US vs the rest of the world....

These things can be tricky to get going and administrate at first, but once it's working - it works pretty well.

One of the keys is regular play. Ideally, players are turning in at least one score per week as the "matches" are rotated among opponents...

How often do you play now?

I'm in, info sent this morning.

Buddha, this is our Shottalk version of the President's cup. US players against the Rest Of The World.

I think were using a modified version of Stableford for scoring but I'll have to leave that up to whoever is figuring it out. We're turning in our scores for our Saturday or closest to Saturday round. Of course we can't really start until it thaws out up north.

That damn Rockford's holding us back again. :p

Not exactly sure how it's going to work for us higher h/c players but I'm sure it will all be fair so you might as well join in. :usflag:

DaveE said:
I'm in, info sent this morning.

Buddha, this is our Shottalk version of the President's cup. US players against the Rest Of The World.

I think were using a modified version of Stableford for scoring but I'll have to leave that up to whoever is figuring it out. We're turning in our scores for our Saturday or closest to Saturday round. Of course we can't really start until it thaws out up north.

That damn Rockford's holding us back again. :p

Not exactly sure how it's going to work for us higher h/c players but I'm sure it will all be fair so you might as well join in. :usflag:
It will be fair. You will play a modified stableford and establish a quota. Every match, you will play against your quota. I.E... Buddha has a quota of 3 points and scores a 7 and The Master has a 26 quota and scores a 28, Buddha actually scored better. The quota will most likely be a running average of rounds scored. The course index will hopefully be included in as a formula to level the playing field across those with easier/harder courses played. I'm working on a website to keep up with rounds, scores, quotas, etc...

bdcrowe said:
It will be fair. You will play a modified stableford and establish a quota. Every match, you will play against your quota. I.E... Buddha has a quota of 3 points and scores a 7 and The Master has a 26 quota and scores a 28, Buddha actually scored better. The quota will most likely be a running average of rounds scored. The course index will hopefully be included in as a formula to level the playing field across those with easier/harder courses played. I'm working on a website to keep up with rounds, scores, quotas, etc...

Sounds good to me. In any case, I'm sure it will be fun if I can just figure out where I left my swing.

Info sent cheers crowe

Do you gusy want soem Master footage to freak you guys out?

Also I call a ROTW team meeting at 7.30 on the 20th march, no usa are allowed to view the thread. :confused: :p

sounds cool ill give it a shot.but like rock i wont get to start untill mid April or March.

Hmm. Sounds good to me.

Bravo, I've been playing about once every three weeks, but that's only because we were getting the house ready for the wedding. Now Ima chill a little after we get back from our honeymoon. I should be able to make a point of playing once a week after mid-March.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520