• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about our "tournament"

ok, i'm playing nine holes every day after school for practice with my h.s. team (second best on the team this year woohoo) until tourneys start thats all i'm gonna be playing, is there a way to work out the nine hole deal, since we play a different course every day? or am i going to have to sit this one out.
btw, info sent via PM

youngun5 said:
ok, i'm playing nine holes every day after school for practice with my h.s. team (second best on the team this year woohoo) until tourneys start thats all i'm gonna be playing, is there a way to work out the nine hole deal, since we play a different course every day? or am i going to have to sit this one out.
btw, info sent via PM
I've been thinking of this myself. If it's OK with the group, it seems one could count 2 9s as 18 and average the course index, or some such. I'll leave it up to the group, but personally I'm OK with it (especially since I'll be in a 9 hole stableford company golf league. ;))

So one choose the easier front or back nine?
lol

buddha33 said:
Hmm. Sounds good to me.

Bravo, I've been playing about once every three weeks, but that's only because we were getting the house ready for the wedding. Now Ima chill a little after we get back from our honeymoon. I should be able to make a point of playing once a week after mid-March.
Buddha, if you can't play every week, at least get creative and just post some pick-me-up scores for the US team. We'll need all we can get with the multi-national-ass-whoopin-IrishGolfer and the legend-in-his-own-Mind Master on the other side.

Reminder to all... I'm still looking for some of you to send some info. If I have to get creative with names for you guys, you won't be happy. Sling, you would look good as "MicklesonsLeftTit". ;)

If anyone is wondering, the site is coming along well. It is now creating a profile for each player, assigned by team, recording individual rounds (adjusted per course index), figuring POQ (points over quota)and storing for each round, automatically keeping up with player quotas (for ease of logic, the quota will be a running average of all rounds played). The rounds are stored so that we can easily figure which team is ahead.

I'm yet to write the pages to show player history in their profile, and also to display team history/standings. I'll also need to write some error handling in in case some of you effing users do some carzy, unforseeable stuff. ;)

The scores are adjusted per course index, so if you euro/ROTW gang don't use index, I guess just enter an index of 72 and it will just post your actual score.

If anything sounds flaky or if I seem to have forgotten something, please let me know.

i've been meaning to get around to this. Can i have MickelsonsRightTit? I always thought that one was a little bigger:eek:

If only... :)
How about we use nsherman for recognizability? Just IM me a desired password and which team u are on and I'll set you up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520