• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Range Video

ROFL... after i saw the second video.

i know exactly what you're trying to do and it looks good up at the top, but the transition is out of sync.

just to let you know right now, it doesn't matter if the shaft is past parallel. all it matters is that you stay on plane w/ it. shorter swing does help in a way that you can control it better, but you can lose your rhythm when you shorten your swing, especially from where you were previously.

when you're up at the top, like rock mentioned, your head moves all over the place. this is precursor to swinging w/ your upper body. you need to swing more from ground up.

next time you're out at the range, try to set your legs firm against the ground and coil your upper body independently. i can show you what i mean next time, but you gotta remind me. when you do this right, you're gonna feel gay as hell.

w/ your length and strength, you should be able to swing faster than me. it's all about the leverage and pivot. you have flexibility so i wouldn't worry about that.

Could be nothing, but I notice a very quick and short armed follow through... How that affects the backswing I have no idea

Off topic: I noticed another couple dudes got banned at that other site's swing forum, and I think one was a paid member... WTF is goin on over there?

i'm going to try that drill R35..

ROFL... after i saw the second video.

i know exactly what you're trying to do and it looks good up at the top, but the transition is out of sync.

just to let you know right now, it doesn't matter if the shaft is past parallel. all it matters is that you stay on plane w/ it. shorter swing does help in a way that you can control it better, but you can lose your rhythm when you shorten your swing, especially from where you were previously.

when you're up at the top, like rock mentioned, your head moves all over the place. this is precursor to swinging w/ your upper body. you need to swing more from ground up.

next time you're out at the range, try to set your legs firm against the ground and coil your upper body independently. i can show you what i mean next time, but you gotta remind me. when you do this right, you're gonna feel gay as hell.

w/ your length and strength, you should be able to swing faster than me. it's all about the leverage and pivot. you have flexibility so i wouldn't worry about that.

Yeah, I definitely need some help in that dept.. I have the benefit of seeing this frame by frame with moviemaker. I can see clearly my plane goes from flat, steep across the line, super steep with a throw away move, then back into the slot flat. It shouldn't have to change at all. The swings with the "Faldo Drill" clearly show that I can hit the ball from a 1 plane position. You know what else? It dawned on me last night as I was doing these swings in the house. What is that move that you see Tiger do preswing all the time? Yep, that's the same thing, cock the club and turn, turn.

Full swing was pretty good today. That drill is really helping me stay connected and at least get back on plane, as I know there is no way in hell I'm staying on plane. I take a couple practice swing like that then hit the ball. I can't really blame but a couple mistakes today on the full swing and both were drivers yanked left.

I also just concentrated on staying balanced and maintaining my spine angle (which means keeping head still as well).

First Thing: The weather looks friggin miserable up there.:biglol:

Is that hesitation at the top a Faldo thing? I found myself doing it the range a few weeks ago when I couldn't hit a thing. Take a back swing, pause at the top, and then pump and go. I have no clue where I heard that one, but it really seemed to help me out. Is that in one of his books?

First Thing: The weather looks friggin miserable up there.:biglol:

Is that hesitation at the top a Faldo thing? I found myself doing it the range a few weeks ago when I couldn't hit a thing. Take a back swing, pause at the top, and then pump and go. I have no clue where I heard that one, but it really seemed to help me out. Is that in one of his books?

I read about it on WRX. I don't even remember if you're supposed to pause or whatever. I had it in a PDF file but it was on my laptop. I suppose it could work either way. All I'm doing is cocking the club, turning, pause then swing. As you can see the position is really good and pretty much where my swing should stop. A few thousand of these a day and I should shorten a little hopefully.

and yes, the weather was miserable. It was windy, cold and hailing at the range. I wasted 2 quarters on the overhead heater, which didn't help much at all.

I read about it on WRX. I don't even remember if you're supposed to pause or whatever. I had it in a PDF file but it was on my laptop. I suppose it could work either way. All I'm doing is cocking the club, turning, pause then swing. As you can see the position is really good and pretty much where my swing should stop. A few thousand of these a day and I should shorten a little hopefully.

and yes, the weather was miserable. It was windy, cold and hailing at the range. I wasted 2 quarters on the overhead heater, which didn't help much at all.

Its almost what Haney had Barkley doing on the first show then? Cocking, turning, swinging.

Well, I guess I am still searching for whoever did the pause technique. Since it worked, I wanted to read more about it.:eek:

Going out in those conditions to hit off mats shows a lot more dedication to the game than I have. I used to do such silliness when I lived up north, but I have become such a cold weather wuss since moving down here. :laugh:

Of course, I used to pay in the rain, too, but down here the rain tends to be filled things called leaders and strokes. The stepped leaders are fairly painless, but the return strokes can be a bitch (so I here) when your holding on to metal objects such as steel shafts and club heads. :laugh:

I dont know about 5 lessons, but its on youtube... basically swing to the top, then pump the arms down, but focus on starting the swing down with the legs and hips...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6M_xZvq0

Cool, thanks for the clip. Dave has got to be drooling somewhere around here....:D

Ez, is that Hogan video anthing like you read on the Faldo drill?

The Faldo drill is basically setting up normally... Cock the wrists to lift the club up in front of you so it is parallel to the ground, but perpendicular to the target line, THEN point the butt end of the club to the target... make sure the V between your wrists are in the same place as they were at setup... THEN turn back, turn through.

EDIT: Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpRydIEsN_U

Cool, thanks! Definitely not the Faldo drill then. Not really the Hogan video either, but closer.

Of course, I could just be pulling this out of my arse too. I stopped getting Golf and Golf Digest as I was reading way too many quick tips golf drills and just utterly confusing myself. At some point, all the different instruction just kind of runs together in one continuous never ending stream with no beginning or end. Apparently I have retained something, but have no clue where it came from.:(

The Faldo drill is basically setting up normally... Cock the wrists to lift the club up in front of you so it is parallel to the ground, but perpendicular to the target line, THEN point the butt end of the club to the target... make sure the V between your wrists are in the same place as they were at setup... THEN turn back, turn through.

EDIT: Found it.

Thanks, looks like I was missing a step, lol. That looks even better.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520