• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regripping? DIY or pay?

http://www.golfpride.com/faqs/index.asp#proper

This is how I see it.

Having a 60 grip on your .600 shafts will result in a grip being standard size, or .600 for that shaft. If you want a smaller grip, you need to either get smaller shafts or get a larger grip that fits smaller on the smaller shaft. If you have a larger grip, say a .600 with one wrap of tape, it will end up being 1/64's too big. Sounds backwards, cuz it is.

Check the link. It sorta makes sense when you read the chart.

R35

Thanks for the link. Now all I have to do is reshaft all of my irons or find .62 grips. Golfsmith doesn't show them on their website but maybe they'll have some in the store.

From Mark over in Golfsmith...

"Generally, if the core of the grip is smaller than the butt diameter of the shaft, the grip will be oversize by the difference. If the core of the grip is larger than the butt, the grip will be undersize by the difference.

Standard ladies grip size is .850” and standard men’s size is .900”. By matching the core size of a men’s grip to the butt diameter of the shaft you get men’s standard size. If you stretch this grip ¾”- 1” further down the shaft, you are approximately 1/64” under men’s std size.

If you install a ladies .580 core grip on a .600 shaft, you will be approximately 1/32” under men’s standard.

If you install a men’s .600 core grip on a .580 butt shaft, you will be approximately 1/32” under men’s standard as well.

If you install a women’s .580 grip on a .600 butt shaft and add 2 wraps of buildup tape you will be approximately 1/64” under men’s standard."

Just FYI.

R35

Rockford35 said:
If you install a women’s .580 grip on a .600 butt shaft and add 2 wraps of buildup tape you will be approximately 1/64” under men’s standard."

Just FYI.

R35

Maybe I'll find something nice in pink. :D

Sometimes I'm a bit thick when it comes to stuff like this but it all finally kicked in. Thanks. Guess the only thing left is to find the right one.

Unless something really stands out I'll just stick with tour velvet.

Tou Velvets cannot be beaten in terms of value, tackiness, long-lastingness, and simple, no frills appearence.

Am also diggin' the full cord in 'em, too..:)

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54