• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup picks

The trouble with AK is he's recovering from surgery. Is he up to the challenge playing injured and mentally tough after being off for so long?

R35

The trouble with AK is he's recovering from surgery. Is he up to the challenge playing injured and mentally tough after being off for so long?

R35

This is the only question. The injury being a bigger deal than the mental aspect. I really think AK got off on the whole team/ryder cup thing, so if he's physically ready, his mind will be on board for sure.

One could say use the same argument for Tiger as well. He has a bum knee and god only knows where he is mentally.

You can't tell me that there are 4 other available players that have a better record than him in the last year. This is still a golf event, and he did make the cut in all four majors, and finished 2nd to Phil in aggregate scoring over the 4 tournaments. Who are you gonna take, Glover, Cink, Watney? Plus with all the controversy around him, the focus will be taken off of the other players quite a bit, and he did find a partner in Stricker after going 4-0 together at the Presidents Cup last year. To me it is a no brainer he has to be on the team.

His record in the last year is not up to par for him, but anybody else up for pick would be happy as hell to have had the season he has.

My picks would be ZJ, Tiger, Fowler, and O'hair.

Fowler would work. would they make a custom giant RC hat for him?

I hear lots of reasons why Tiger SHOULDN'T be picked, and some of them I agree with. Does anybody think that he WON't be picked. To me it's a lock that Pavin will pick him.

I'd pick Tiger. Stick him and Stricker together and let em go to town. If the U.S. falls it won't be because of Tiger. It will be because of a collective momentum thing being in the other teams house.
As good as Fowler has been, the one area he has not been too good in is finishing. I would say he could ride the team atmosphere the way AK did, but we aren't at home this time.
Personally I think Phil is as big of a liability as anyone. I like Phil and he is amazing, but he can also melt down with the best of them.

I think Tiger will be selected. If I was Pavin, I'd get on the front foot, call a press conference and make it clear that he will select the team without fear or favour.

Btw - I'm looking forward to the Ryder Cup. Match play and team events are a great spectacle. The players love it too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520