• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

I shot really high last time but going this sunday and we will see

I don't use a scorecard unless I'm in a tournament. I just keep it in my head relative to par, so basically "marks".
FYI, You could possibly run into an issue with this with the new World Handicap System rules change for 2024. If you play between 10-17 holes. You now have to enter each hole played.

Thru the winter, had just been keeping "marks" as we played each day. This morning, kept marks for the guys but also kept my own score. Just curious as to what I was scoring.

Chipped in for birdie on #1 and #2. Sheesh! Birdie #1 and that is a bad omen for the rest of the round. Kept making pars, bogeyed #7, parred out so had a 35 on the front.
Tripped over my own stupidity on the back. 4 bogies and 5 pars. Mental errors!! :<( 35/40 for a 75. Guess at 77 years old, should be satisfied with that.

lost my stats but im guessing around 120-130. lost a few balls also.

Tourney at the course today so didn't play this weekend. We had tornado warnings, etc. anyway. Back to the course tomorrow morning. Might get wet towards week's end. We've needed the rain, but getting about where we need it to slow down before we see the river come out of it's banks.

Tourney at the course today so didn't play this weekend. We had tornado warnings, etc. anyway. Back to the course tomorrow morning. Might get wet towards week's end. We've needed the rain, but getting about where we need it to slow down before we see the river come out of it's banks.
Sounds like my weather Ive been having.

Pathetic play the past 2 days. Don't know what happened. And, it isn't just me. It's the entire group!! The 5 of us played 4 consecutive par 4's at 19 over!! One par between us for the four holes!!! We cannot remember when the entire group, collectively, played that bad!! No wind. Beautiful day. Just none of us could put a club on the ball. If we did, then we'd 3-putt!!!

I've decided to move from golf to checkers next week. My clubs will be sitting out on the front lawn if anyone is interested.......

I hope I don’t have another round like last weekend but we will see

Well, the curse didn't hang on too long. Back playing a little better this morning. We quit on #13 green due to lightning and a thunderstorm headed our way. Tornados in our area yesterday which took one life. I've sat on a deck and watched tornados moving past. Lightning? Ain't no way.
We settled up on the green before we all headed to the clubhouse. I had picked up $3.00 by then so will go in my pocket to lose tomorrow....

2 birds and a bunch of pars. Had been playing some Titleist TourSoft balls the past week. Just weren't seeing the usual distance and they wouldn't hold the greens. Tossed in some Chrome Soft this morning and it paid dividends.

Waited out some rain early a.m. Two of us took off on #1. Par on 1 and birdied 2. Skies opened back up. Headed back to the clubhouse and saw two sharp lightening strikes. Waited another 30 minutes until it cleared again. Headed back out.

Par on 3 and birdied 4. Par on 5. feeling pretty good. We teed off on 6 and the skies opened again. Small shelter at the triple tee and we pulled out carts in out of the direct rain. Poured rain for quite a while. When it let up, told my buddy I was done for the day. He was going to finish the round. Driving back to the clubhouse, water everywhere. Wouldn't have been a fun round sloshing around so was satisfied with quitting. He did pay me the 50 cents I won on the first 5 holes, though. Life is good.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54