• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your glory story?

My glory round came a few months back. Wasn't my lowest score but was a good round. I had a few different groups I regularly played with in San Diego. I've shot low scores with everyone. Except 2 of my buddies, I never played well with them. I would tell them oh I shot this or that and then always play like crap with them. They started thinking I was full of it. The very last round we played together before I moved out of state was spectacular. Shot a 74 and was lights out putting. I was finally able to show my friends that I can play well. Considering my best round with them previously was probably around 85. It just felt great to finally vindicate myself with these 2 buddies of mine.

Friday's round, one of my best drives of the day, Par 4 318 YDS, ended up about 11yds short of the green middle of the fairway. got to love those drives!!
Nice, ironically I had a 318 yard drive yesterday to be exact. Left myself about a 95 yard shot left. Ended up making a bogie. Hope you faired better in your monster drive.

Nice, ironically I had a 318 yard drive yesterday to be exact. Left myself about a 95 yard shot left. Ended up making a bogie. Hope you faired better in your monster drive.
I would have chipped over the green, chipped back to about 15 ft., and 3 putt for a 6. Then birdie the 225 yard par 3.

I would have chipped over the green, chipped back to about 15 ft., and 3 putt for a 6. Then birdie the 225 yard par 3.
That's how it works. Hell, I somehow managed to make a bird on a par 5 after going In the hazard on my drive .2 holes later I bogie that easy par 4 after a monster drive.

Friday's round, one of my best drives of the day, Par 4 318 YDS, ended up about 11yds short of the green middle of the fairway. got to love those drives!!

Every Time I have a great drive like this it usually leaves me with an awkward half wedge into the green and I either blade it or leave it short. Then I rage out. Feels good walking 300+ down the fairway though.

#17, this morning. Par 3, playing 145 yards. Didn't have enough club and didn't want to walk back to the cart. Moved ball back in stance, aimed right of the pin hoping to draw the ball in. Ball felt good coming off the clubface. Playing as a three, the other two said the ball was heading at the pin. I saw it on the green, but couldn't tell how close. Ball had hit about a foot in front of the pin, rolled forward and was within a 1/2" of gong in for an ace.
Got my first ace in 1994. My second ace came in 2004. Thought maybe this one would be the 2014 ace, keeping up the 10 year intervals. No such luck. Maybe tomorrow........

Two birdies the other day in two completely diferent ways. First one was on #12 which is a short par 4 with a sharp right dogleg. From the tee it's only 190 yards to the 150 marker at the corner. You can play this hole a couple of ways. Some guys hit driver and try to go through the trees guarding the corner leaving just a short pitch. I chose to hit 3 wood and just missed the trees leaving only 115 to the pin. Next I hit a 3/4 knockdown PW to just 1-2 ft. pin high. Sunk the putt. The next one came on the 360 yard dogleg right #15. A drive over the corner of the dogleg often runs through the fairway. I tried to hit a high cut but over cooked it and found myself in jail. I was 165 yards out and only had a small window about 5' wide by 3' high to see the green. I decided to try a punch 3W which barely got off the ground and rolled up to the green pin high about 6'. Sunk the putt. Fantastic!

Hit (for me) the shot of the year Friday. 165 yard 6i from a fairway bunker to the middle front 1/3 of the green. unfortunately the pin was in the back 1/3, but I'll take it. Did make par. ;)

Lots of stories, but I think my two favorite are:

Nearly acing #7 at Pebble.
Rolling over the hole from 240 for an almost albatross (@ a local track).

I missed both of those putts.

On Saturday my wife urged me to play 9 holes while we were on a mini vacation to go through a local home show. I walk up to a short 302 yd par 4 that plays a little downhill. I was striking the ball uncharacteristically well, so I pulled out the big dog. I said give me that stupid TM Rocketball ball I just gave you in case I lose this thing. Give it a mighty rip (for my standards) and knew it was right on line but couldn't see it land. Walk up to this. True to form the marshal shows up and starts jabbering away while I putt, probably thinking it was for a bogey haha...two putt bird. Now she thinks I "Should just use my driver like that every time because that made it so much easier".

IMG_20150221_102438_235.jpg

Ya, but what about the 3 Prov's you pumped into the backyards before that?

R35

They were B330 Tours...remember that I'm currently in the midst of an experiment...and thanks for bringing it up :poop:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520