• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do I play golf?

honestly, i play golf to just go out with the boys and get that old feeling again when we would just hang out.. it's good to catch up on times that blew away and just to be out, away from the regular schedule like going to work,doing the lawn doing this doing that.. it never ends but i guess it's my way of actually living again and being a person that shares and gives a few laughs till the end of the day which sets me up for reality of the week that comes back no matter what.. Unless I Win The Lottery! HeHe!

Hey Guys I just found this awesome book that reduced my score by over 12 strokes!! It's a simple video hence the name simple golf swing!! I am a regular guy on this forum and know that this works. I posted a link for the product to go buy so it will be easier for you to get too!! I'm not the laughing stock around my golfing buds anymore!! You won't have to be either with this book!! So what are you waiting for!!

[link deleted by moderator - NO SPAM]

Hi,
Nice discussion.

I am a new user of this forum.I am also a beginner of golf.Give me some tips that how I improve my golf skill.

Hi, our website provide lots of golf clubs, if you want, welcome to visit our website :diespam:

Hi guys,
our company provide lots of golf clubs, if you want, welcome to visit our new website :diespam:. welcome to visit our website

I've been playing golf for about four years now i haven master it though.. I don't know i just love playing golf it makes me excited and happy.

I get from the game what I put into it. Practice, equipment, preparation all help me to improve, but all of these do not automatically mean that I deserve to benefit every time.
I can't remember who said it, but it went something like "This game owes you nothing." Now that's perspective.

I play golf because it's in my head. I think about it all day every day. I play golf because I love it!

I play golf because its the most challenging thing Ive ever taken up in my life.

Generally once Ive gotten so good at something and there's no place to go from there I lose interest.
That doesnt seem possible with golf because it seems like there will always be something that could be better.

well said golfanatic - been playing for three years solid now and it's still amazing what you learn everytime you go out to play a round....or whe you at the range...

Our dad didn't play golf. In fact, the only sport he cared about was boxing, and my brother and I attended the first of many world title bouts with him when we were still in grade school. Before my brother passed away, we went to Vegas to watch fights together as well, continuing a tradition we began with our dad.

Golf, we got from our uncle. I remember to this day the smell in his Cadillac when he took us to play golf. It was a mixture of leather, cigar smoke, and his cologne, and I associated it with either playing golf with him or his taking us to the race track to watch the ponies. In a totally different way than our less flamboyant dad, he was also a great guy. He never had kids, but treated us as his own.

My brother and I played golf simply because it was fun, and unlike some youthful activities, continued to be fun when we got older. Seriously, how much flag football or whiffleball on the beach is one going to play when he's 65?

To relax. In a way it's a good time to think. The friends don't hurt either.

Not to mention golf courses are nearly as pretty as Megan Fox (pre-op, naturally).

I've been a bit hard on myself recently with some of my recent scores. :mad: I was reading an article the other day and it made me think. Why do I play golf? I came up with a few tenets. I'm not sure why but by posting them here, I can come back and visit them every so often to remind myself why I play this game.

Feel free to add or take away what you want.

• I don't play golf for a living. Win, lose or draw I will enjoy my time on the course. It beats work and affords me some time on my own to ditch the pressures of everyday life. I am not going to add further or new stress into my mental being through the process of trying to get a ball in a hole.
  • I will enjoy the game regardless of the company. Played with other people golf should be a social activity played in good spirit
  • I learn the game with every swing of the club, good or bad
  • I can enjoy the competive nature of the game, competing against my personal goals and against those I play with. But the outcome should never affect my enjoyment of the game or those I play with.
  • I get from the game what I put into it. Practice, equipment, preparation all help me to improve, but all of these do not automatically mean that I deserve to benefit every time. I should be patient and understand that golf, like life has it's ups and downs. You play well some of the time, but also realise that bears do come along for periods of time.
  • Controlling my behaviour and emotion should be the same both on and off the course.
  • Honesty and integrity are tenets of this game I strongly adhere to. Play by the rules only, no exceptions.
  • Everything I do on the course is directly attributable to me and no-one else. Both good and lousy shots are the direct result of me coping with the mental and physical process of whacking a ball. I can take the slaps of success and failure squarely on each cheek
  • Club ho'ing will not make me play any better. It may enhance aspects of my game and make me feel better, but ultimately the knowledge that the margin between a £10 club and a £1000 club is minimal in the context of the game

Hello,

Great for your comments! Love them!

I play golf for a living and most important because I love it! It make me feel at home!

Be Happy!

I play because I can be in the middle of the city and all I can see is trees and grass, no customers, no phones, and my wife don't play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301