• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsin Shot Talkers (and Illinois too)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the end of the golf year we should have a "get together" golf outing somewhere in a central location. I think we'd have a ball. Those that I know in here are:

15andlife
zaphod
sssmokin
wisgolfer2610
Wi-Golfer

Illinois and Minnesota guys interested would also be welcome and maybe Lyle could even tool down from Canada.

What do you think? :D

I'm in Green Bay but I'm not sure if my parent's would like the idea of me going to see some guys "I met on the internet". :laugh: I would go if they let me, though.

mike1218,

Do it if you can. It's always fun to hook up with other forum members. I've played with SiberianDVM and DouginGa from this board and some guys from other boards.

Does your Mom and/or Dad play? Take them with you! I'm sure they'd be welcome. (although they may revoke your internet privileges afterward)

Well, my mom doesn't play and my dad only plays one week a year when we are on vacation. Very rarely does he ever golf outside of that week. Maybe if I take a friend with me. A big, burly one. :laugh:

Hey, I'm from WI too! I'm up for it!

I'd be up for it.

Mike 1218, 1st time I was meeting up with some guys from the net, my wife thought I was nuts. I am into motorcycles & we had guys from New York, California, etc meeting up in Nebraska for a track day & hanging out at one guys house for a few days. Now 7 years later these people we have met thru the net & many more are our close friends.

You have to get rid of that AOL chatroom mindset, that's certainly not why anyone is on a golf site.

Fitzpatrick,
how is Norsk Golf Club? It's on my list of places to play & Mt Horeb is only about 45 minutes away.

Hey Wi-Golfer,

Norsk is a pretty nice litte course (9 holes). Not terribly long (only +/- 2800 yards from the men's tees), but hilly enough to make it feel longer.

Norsk would be a candidate. Sorry I missed you other Wisconsinites (Fitzpatrick and MIKE1218). Didn't know we had that many here!

I'm for "keeping it cheap" and not playing at a super tough, expensive layout. I hate paying big bucks to shoot a lousy score and lose a bunch of balls! :laugh: What is your feeling on that?

I'm not fussy on the course either. It's more to just get together and meet in person.

Maybe pick a nice place to eat afterward before we all head home. Parents would be welcome to for you young guys.

So Norsk is one course on the plate. Any others? I'm in the southeastern part of the state so I wouldn't make anyone drive way down here.

As to date I'd say mid-September to mid-October sometime? I'll be moving into a new house first week of September and working on buying it right now. A Saturday or Sunday? I'm open either day.

:)

Let me know. I'll fly out there for 10 minutes to tell Warbird he sucks. :D

They'll find that out after they see my scorecard Jeff. Don't bother unless you play!! :D

:)

I'd love to, but school starts next week. *sigh* When is anyone going to come ehre...and let me know!

Mid to late september works best for me. We should also discuss a day of the week.

Wouldn't the young guys be in school during the week though. It would cheaper rates to golf for sure. I could take a day vacation no problem.

If everyone could give their "general location" it would help picking the course. Like I said I'm southeastern corner of Wisconsin.

Another nice course (27 hole) is Waushara Country Club or (18 hole) Two Oaks North by Wautoma (20 miles west of Oshkosh). That's pretty "central".

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424