• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wow...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't know what else to say.

Props to Y.E., but wow. I'm honestly disappointed.

I have never seen Tiger miss read greens so bad before. He seemed to be hitting them good. Just burning the edges.

Plus he played too conservatively. That Eagle from Yang is what did him in, well that & finishing up bogey/bogey for the last 2 holes.

I'm bummed, really want to see him beat Jacks record.

If he played an inch less break, he's -6 for the day. Goddamn ridiculous. I can't imagine how mad he must be at himself.

Plus he played too conservatively. That Eagle from Yang is what did him in, well that & finishing up bogey/bogey for the last 2 holes.

I'm bummed, really want to see him beat Jacks record.

One man's disapointment is another's celebration. I'm delighted, glad to see somebody, anybody, take the lead from Tiger and beat him.

That, and deep down, I don't want to see him beat Jack's record. It will probably happen, but at least after going winless in the majors this year, its not a fore gone conclusion.

Disappointed?
Why?

It was a tremendous round!
All those putts that slide by the cup....so many. I loved it.

Paddy's blow up on 8.....that sucked. Of course if it were me I would have carded at least a 12.

First Major win by an Asian....he slayed the Tiger....tremendous!

Of course we'll probably never hear from Mr. Yang again ala Micheal Campbell.

Some shot into 18...after his nervy putt at 17 that took some doing.

The guy played incredible golf over the weekend and was a worthy winner.

Cabrera, Glover, Cink and Yang...some year eh?

I want to see Tiger break the record, but I'm stoked to see Yang win. Not just win, but take it from Tiger. That was awesome.

That hybrid shot on 18 was spectacular.

I, too, am elated at Yang's win. Hopefully, this will break the barrier and make for more and more close competition on Sundays. We've seen a remarkable career with TW. I just tire of the way other players seem to fold under the pressure of playiing under highly intense Sunday conditions. Yang, a 37 years old "no name", showed the rest of the PGA that you can beat Tiger... even when he begins the day with a lead.

Even I gave up. After Harrington made the snowman on the par 3... I thought it was over. We had been helping a daughter and son-in-law unload boxes after moving this weekend. So, about the turn, I loaded mama in the truck and began the 1 1/2 hour drive home. Just pulling in our driveway and the other daughter called... all excited. Shoot! I hadn't even been listening to it on the XM PGA Channel. Walked in the house to see the replay of Yang's magnificant hybrid on 18. Saw TW's live chip from off the green and Yang's winning putt.

Again... just good to have some healthy competition.

t I'm stoked to see Yang win. Not just win, but take it from Tiger. That was awesome.

That hybrid shot on 18 was spectacular.

That's a good point, Yang wasn't handed anything. He took this win from Tiger & there wasn't a damn thing Eldrick could do about it.

Great win for Y.E. and a great win for golf around the world. Fist Asian born player to win a major.

I enjoyed every minute of it and was rooting for him the whole way. Nothing against Tiger but I like the underdogs. Yang hit one of the best pressure shots I've ever seen on 18 with that high draw hybrid. Then finished it off with the birdie, slammed the door shut on Tiger. Great golf.

Was cool to watch. Makes you wonder if Tiger has lost the intestinal fortitude to win the big ones. Looks like his putting stroke has left him. Once that gets in a guy's head, it's all over.

Kevin

Great golf by Yang, he really kept it together. But don't forget that Tiger is half Korean, doesn't look it, but he is. Why can't he be asian as well as Black?

I say we give half of Tiger's major wins to Asian and call Yangs the 8th,

Watching this made me realize that I am officially a Tiger fan. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing it come down to the end and Y.E. deserved this win. He won as much as Tiger lost. I was just hoping Tiger would pull one out of his a$$ as he has so many times in the past.

Congrats to Y.E. Yang. That hybrid shot on 18 was unbelieveable. Good win.

Great golf by Yang, he really kept it together. But don't forget that Tiger is half Korean, doesn't look it, but he is. Why can't he be asian as well as Black?

I say we give half of Tiger's major wins to Asian and call Yangs the 8th,

I thought his mother was from Thailand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423