• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yearly Membership costs

We paid £569 there this year. That is for 54 holes of golf, btw. One course is Championship standard, too.

We are getting a £4 million clubhouse so we can expect fees to be raised a tad......

Something around 1300, so I can't afford.

Nice 18 hole track this year will cost us $510 for an unlimited golf, single membership. I usually divey up for the weekend only membership at an upscale club nearby that is $525/year. That way, if there's a tourney at one, I'm never shut out on the weekend.

One of my friends paid a one time membership for Palo Alto Country Club for $200,000 (family membership). This does not include free golf, but you can use the pool and tennis courts for free. I think our green fees were 80.00 per person on the weekday, not sure how much the member green fees were and I know he had to ring up a certain dollar amount for food per month because he kept trying to get us to eat and drink beer after the round. Yes, he paid for the whole thing but he could afford it.

was shocked to see how much it costs in some places, but with the dollar weak it doesnt seem so bad, uk golf comparably is expensive in my opinion, especially as some of our members came back from florida and said how cheap golf was in the sunshine state

You also have to play Titleist or your a nobody. (Dinks.)
Sounds like my kind of course. I would show up with my Maxflis, and after the first week I would be playing Titleist and never have to buy another ball as long as I live. You may want to come to this area Rock, it seems like Callaway is overtaking Titleist for the most used ball on this course. I found 5 or 6 of the HX variety just yesterday. Probably close to 2 dozen in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I really like the ball, and am thinking of using them for my regular ball, and the Maxflis and Titleist for my water balls.

Either that or the Callaway golfers are just becoming really Cr@ppy golfers. I doubt I can blame the ball because the things are darn near impossible for me to lose.

Jayhawk,

You can ship me all the HX's you find if you decide to go in another direction. :D

R35

My home course has gone upto £770 this year for 7 day. It's a nice course but I think we pay a little over the odds being in a highly populated area. I wish I lived in NI I'd join Andy and IG at there place without a second thought.

I played a place down in Cornwall called Trevose golf and country club. It has a 18 hole championship links with an additional 9 hole championship and a 18 hole par 3 cousre plus a driving range. It was rated in Britains top 100 courses. I played with a member I met on the 1st tee down there and I nearly fell off the top of a sand dune when he told me his membership was only £500 for 7 day with only a £500 joining fee.

If I could afford to, I'd move to the coast somewhere and join a links club for sure.

Is that how much it is @ north?
i didnt think it was that expensive, lovely course by all accounts

The cost of golf needs to come down in this country, you can play a great US course for a fraction of what it costs to play birkdale etc...

Is that how much it is @ north?
i didnt think it was that expensive, lovely course by all accounts

The cost of golf needs to come down in this country, you can play a great US course for a fraction of what it costs to play birkdale etc...

Yes mate it's gone up by about £40 probably the same again next year. Your welcome to come down for a game if you fancy?

Your right about the prices. I played S&A on Friday it cost £40 and that's the discounted winter rate. (only discounted £10 from summer rate). Playing somewher tomorrow as well ,fancied trying Fairhaven but there's a pro am on. I'll probably end up at St.Annes old links. I pay the high prices because the condition of links courses is superb for this time of year, no looking for plugged balls and no winter greens. I won't pay to play the Royals though there still up near £100 a round.

Any Winter rules, MG ? We are now into placing in the semi rough from the fairway...

I will pay $1275 in 2007 for 3 courses. My home course I can play anytime of the week. The other two I can play anytime during the week and after 3PM on weekends. If there is a tournament at my home course on the weekend mornings I am allowed to play one of the other courses in the morning.
So $1275 for a season works out to be about $10.65 per round for me :)

Unlimited Cart Plan is $750 I think.
Large Bucket of Range balls, one per day $160
Small Warm Up Bucket, 1 per day $90

No bartabs etc added on.

Any Winter rules, MG ? We are now into placing in the semi rough from the fairway...

Same moving to semi, but it's better than using matts in the fairway though IMO. Only 2 holes on winter greens at the moment due to drainage work but on a frosty day most will be on winters. Very soft and pluggy at the moment as well.

Any jobs over there for BT/voice/data engineers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520