• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

105º F in Wisconsin?

Yesterday it was 106 when I had to play in our handicap league....today is supposed to be a calm 88*

Temps are looking like they're getting back to normal if not even a little below normal here. We have had 3 real good rains an the lawn is finally getting some color back.

We "cooled" to upper 90's yesterday. But, the humidity went up and we had triple-digit "humitures". Supposed to be 100 today, 103 tomorrow, and 102 Sunday. Small spots, the size of McWheenyville, rec'd rain night before last. Other than than, none. Played golf, yesterday afternoon. Cracks so large in the fairways that a golf ball would roll into them. The course we played was burned to a crisp.
Our home course, as of last weekend, was one of the greenest in the area. Don't know how much longer that will last unless we see some rain.

This has been a hot one. Living in this area all of my 66 years, I do remember some hot summers. However, the triple-digit temps would last for two weeks at the longest. This is the longest streak I can remember. Our local meteorologists say we have broken records for 100 degree + days clear back to the 1800's. We have far exceeded the 100+ degree days of the 30's "dust bowl" era.

There was that Yahoo news article about the guy in the apartment in Omaha who had 40 brown recluses running around his apartment. Lived with those when in NC and don't care for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520