• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

One tourney I don't watch. Why? If I want to see hackers shooting 100, I can watch any number of folks in our regular group... sometimes including myself. Why should I want to watch millionaires from Scotland or tv/movie stars or musicians or sports figures waltzing around a high-dollar golf course? I did watch about 30 minutes, yesterday, when the poor souls had to play in what they deemed as adverse conditions. Buncha fair-weather golfers!!!!

I gotta be honest about golf on TV in general. MOst of it to me is unwatchable at this point. Its just boring. ITs almost turned into Baseball for me. MOst of these guys are super rich already and I almost NEVER see them do something interesting or unbelievable. I tried to watch TOrrey Pines, brutal. I havent even watched Pebble. I may watch some Doral, maybe.

Sorry to be a downer, but baseball is the same way. IT takes to long to watch, nothing is happening for most of the broadcast and what does happen is Meh....Maybe it has to do with my age and the age of my daughter. Id rather be doing something with her, be outside or actually playing....

Well, the ShotTalk old-timers have officially shouted at the kids on their lawns...

:D

I've always loved that course for some reason. Ever since I first drove by it when I was ten. The best part about watching the tournament for me is remembering the shots I played... watching Mahan hit the same bunker shot or Phil have the same putt as I did is kinda cool.

Well, the ShotTalk old-timers have officially shouted at the kids on their lawns...

I've always loved that course for some reason. Ever since I first drove by it when I was ten. The best part about watching the tournament for me is remembering the shots I played... watching Mahan hit the same bunker shot or Phil have the same putt as I did is kinda cool.
If I was there in person I may feel different

I'm the same way. I like watching pro tournaments on courses that I've played.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gotta be honest about golf on TV in general. MOst of it to me is unwatchable at this point. Its just boring. ITs almost turned into Baseball for me. MOst of these guys are super rich already and I almost NEVER see them do something interesting or unbelievable. I tried to watch TOrrey Pines, brutal. I havent even watched Pebble. I may watch some Doral, maybe.

Sorry to be a downer, but baseball is the same way. IT takes to long to watch, nothing is happening for most of the broadcast and what does happen is Meh....Maybe it has to do with my age and the age of my daughter. Id rather be doing something with her, be outside or actually playing....
People that don't think anything is going on in baseball think that throwing, hitting, and running is the game of baseball. There is so much shit going on that 99 percent of people never notice. That's the most interesting part.

Watching the every day joes out there with the pros is awesome.

People that don't think anything is going on in baseball think that throwing, hitting, and running is the game of baseball. There is so much shit going on that 99 percent of people never notice. That's the most interesting part.
I've played and watched baseball at high levels, its boring to me now. Unwatchable on TV. In person, not bad. Unwatchable on TV for me though.

Sucks. Now basketball is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
maybe its me. MLB and NBA are both unwatchable to me. I lost interest when Jordan retired from the Bulls and its never come back. I used to love College hoops but they guys arent around long enough to know who is on what team now.

Maybe its me and my interests have shifted from sports on TV in general. I don't even have ESPN on my cable package anymore, don't miss it either.

maybe its me. MLB and NBA are both unwatchable to me. I lost interest when Jordan retired from the Bulls and its never come back. I used to love College hoops but they guys arent around long enough to know who is on what team now.

Maybe its me and my interests have shifted from sports on TV in general. I don't even have ESPN on my cable package anymore, don't miss it either.
I rarely watch ESPN either. Bunch of talking heads anymore anyway.

FSN is my jam.

I rarely watch ESPN either. Bunch of talking heads anymore anyway.

FSN is my jam.
FSN? Is that Fox Sports?

I get NESN out here (New England Sports Network) but I hate all the teams from New England! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back