• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A question for the NVS experts

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver (the one I ordered from 3balls.com for my FIL) arrived today. It came not as advertised. It is still in the shrink wrap brand new, with an NVS in R flex.

I ordered an S flex for my FIL. They said they would send me out a new one with an S flex in it, but I am wondering if maybe the R flex is the right shaft for him? He is a non-equipment guy and knows nothing about shafts etc. I am supposed to read tea leaves to figure out what he needs.

In the past he's hit 580XD MAS2 S and 360XD MAS R. He said he liked both. Do I stick with the NVS in R, or do I get the one I originally ordered in an S. Anyone with NVS experience have any input?

I'd stick with the reg NVS. It probably plays as stiff as the MAS2 he had in his 580XD. I had a Reg NVS in a Mizuno MP001 and I bombed it, arhh wish I would have kept that one. :(

Hey, it's their mistake. I think you tell them you're going to hit a few with the plastic on to decide. Then, let him choose.

I can only say I have a 105-107 swing speed. I also load the shaft hard (according to the salespeople at the golf shop) due to my short backswing and I have a NVS stiff. I would say if he has a ss under 100 that the reg would be perfect. I guess you'll have to find out or guess his ss. If the NVS is the right flex for him it would make a fantastic choice. I won't ever buy a new OEM driver without that shaft. No more playing and wasting my time trying everything like I did last summer. R35 says that is what is making my Rapture work so well for me and he might be right. Even he likes it (not the Rapture, the NVS). :laugh:

And like MG said, it's probably as stiff or stiffer then the shafts in the two drivers he liked.

Thanks for the help guys.

I gave it a waggle or two (my old demo method... LOL) and it definitely feels noodleish especially at the tip. But if 105-107 takes an S, and I'm sure he doesn't bring it that hard, I guess I'll stick with the R.

It's a free driver, I'm sure he won't mind :D

The NVS plays pretty close to flex. And the old "noodle test" means dick. :D

I'd say, from your explaination, the R would work just fine.

I use an S at 112. If that helps.

R35

The NVS plays pretty close to flex. And the old "noodle test" means dick. :D

I'd say, from your explaination, the R would work just fine.

I use an S at 112. If that helps.

R35

Ya, but you also think that the tip stiffer NV is a noodle compared to the NVS, so your opinion means nothing to me ;)

Nice to see that I'm appreciated. ;)

It is stiffer. The NV is way too loose in the butt and mid section for me, just bends around my body.

R35

It is stiffer. The NV is way too loose in the butt and mid section for me, just bends around my body.

R35

Rock, I had to re-read that statement for a second time as after reading it the first time I thought I was interupting a "Queer Eye for the Canadian Guy" episode:D

Not that there is anything wrong with that.:laugh:

R35

I'm reshafting my irons and selling my 905 as I speak :D

I am thinking HiBore?
Amd some MP-33 ;)

Maybe I'll just put the NVS in everything and see if they let me play from the Senior tees :D

Not if you keep hitting that Mizzy 230....:laugh:

R35

I thought you'd like that one WBL :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781