• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another damn deer!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really starting to hate deer!!! Wife nailed one in her Kia last night, center punched it & pretty much wiped out the car. Entire front end is gone, radiator smashed, fan gone, hood, all the lights are pulverized and there's a nice dent in the roof right in the center just above the windshield. This thing may be totalled out. Wife is fine but freaked out since it's her 1st accident ever. It was a small doe weighing between 90-100 lbs, I tossed it off the road into the ditch. Accident happened on her way to work maybe 5 miles from our house.

Hoping to take pics after work today or tomorrow. I am a bit shocked at how much damage there is plus I would have thought the airbag should have gone off?

Should have bought an Acura. :D

Airbag didn't pop? I would have a serious talk to the dealership about that. Any impact to the front end that does that much damage should trigger the airbag.

Glad she's OK though. I think today's cars show a lot more damage because they are made to protect the occupants. They use every part of that vehicle to soak up the impact so the people don't have to.

I am a bit shocked at how much damage there is plus I would have thought the airbag should have gone off?

Friends of the family had a Kia minivan that had the sliding side door open while in motion. Then, it happened again, and this time is was forsurely not driver error. They took it to the dealership and they made some "adjustments". On the way home from the dealership, it happened for a third time. They turned around, went directly back. They were then accused of having an "agressive driving style" when it was obvious that the door was a POS. Denying that they raced the minivan around with three kids in the back like a lunatic, the family was promptly told that the dealership had done it's job and they could pount salt.

After fighting it in court, it was found that the dealership was at fault, and the door had never been adjusted or even looked at, as the fix was so blatantly obvious. They didn't even have a service tag or record of a mechanic looking at the vehicle.

You couldn't give me a Kia for free.

R35

Friends of the family had a Kia minivan that had the sliding side door open while in motion. Then, it happened again, and this time is was forsurely not driver error. They took it to the dealership and they made some "adjustments". On the way home from the dealership, it happened for a third time. They turned around, went directly back. They were then accused of having an "agressive driving style" when it was obvious that the door was a POS. Denying that they raced the minivan around with three kids in the back like a lunatic, the family was promptly told that the dealership had done it's job and they could pount salt.

After fighting it in court, it was found that the dealership was at fault, and the door had never been adjusted or even looked at, as the fix was so blatantly obvious. They didn't even have a service tag or record of a mechanic looking at the vehicle.

You couldn't give me a Kia for free.

R35

Not sure that's the vehicles fault...

Every single vehicle manufacturer out there has put out faulty vehicles. The dealership was the problem here, not the vehicle manufacture. Had they handled the problem, and fixed it properly, that never would've happened.

I have a Hyundai....which is the same company that makes Kia and thus far it has been a fantastic car. I don't bother with dealers though. I know enough to fix it myself, and anything i can't do, i have a trusted mechanic do for me.

We have been more than pleased with the car, owned it almost 2 years now and aside from killing Bambi it's been 100% reliable with no faults at all.

Not sure that's the vehicles fault...

Every single vehicle manufacturer out there has put out faulty vehicles. The dealership was the problem here, not the vehicle manufacture. Had they handled the problem, and fixed it properly, that never would've happened.

If you spend good money on a car, you expect the dealership to make it right. If they don't, why would you want to deal with them? With the choices out there, these guys have to be busting their asses to keep their customers happy. Otherwise, I'm buying something else and doing my best to bad mouth any sale they might possibly entertain.

Case in point.

R35

If you spend good money on a car, you expect the dealership to make it right. If they don't, why would you want to deal with them? With the choices out there, these guys have to be busting their asses to keep their customers happy. Otherwise, I'm buying something else and doing my best to bad mouth any sale they might possibly entertain.

Case in point.

R35

I agree with you completely. But "You couldn't give me a Kia for free" isn't bashing that bad dealer...it's bashing all Kia dealers. Even the good ones...

I agree with you completely. But "You couldn't give me a Kia for free" isn't bashing that bad dealer...it's bashing all Kia dealers. Even the good ones...
Dude, as long as you've been here and you're still trying to argue with "Rock Logic"??

Consider yourself smacked in the back of the head!

I don't have access to a "good" Kia dealership. Hence why a free one would be thwarted. I guess if I won one, I'd trade it against something else.

R35

I don't have access to a "good" Kia dealership. Hence why a free one would be thwarted. I guess if I won one, I'd trade it against something else.

R35

Forget you come from a place sparsely populated...lol

We have so many dealerships around here it's disgusting.

Forget you come from a place sparsely populated...lol

We have so many dealerships around here it's disgusting.

We have one Kia dealership. We have many others tho.

I saw a Nissan GT-R today in town. Quite odd to seee a car of that calibre being driven in the winter.

R35

We have one Kia dealership. We have many others tho.

I saw a Nissan GT-R today in town. Quite odd to seee a car of that calibre being driven in the winter.

R35

Meh...it's got all wheel drive, i bet it would do alright assuming decent winter tires and the snow wasn't so deep they were plowing with the front bumper...

Of course, if i had a vehicle like that i wouldn't subject it to winter driving conditions...but some might.

Couple pics of the damage.

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s137_dynawide1996_DSC03468.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s137_dynawide1996_DSC03465.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s137_dynawide1996_DSC03464.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s137_dynawide1996_DSC03463.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s137_dynawide1996_DSC03462.jpg

how fast was she going, that car is f*cked

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members