• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Wii users here?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
We had picked one up for my oldest stepdaughter for christmas, she was supposed to come up with our grandson today. Anyways she got caught in a bullshit lie & didn't show up, my wife was extremely upset because she loves our grandson & wanted to see him. So I said screw it, unwrapped the Wii & will keep it for ourselves.

I was playing a little bit of the bowling & golf, it seems like fun. What the heck is the nunchuk used for? What games do enjoy? I know a few guys at work say Mario Kart is fun. And for your info this is the 1st time I have ever looked at a Wii much less played it.

The nunchuck is your left hand in boxing. I have Lego Batman and the nunchuck is how you navigate the game (via the little joystick) and do several other functions as well. I just got the wii for Christmas too so i'm still learning and don't have that many games.

I will tell you right now. The funnest game for the Wii, is the sports one that comes with it. lol.

Don't waste your time with tiger woods on it. great idea, badly made.

Mario Kart isn't bad. It was better on SNES and N64 though.

I had one and sold it. It is a great party machine, so if kids come over games like Mario Party are a huge hit. My problem? All my friends like games such as Modern Warfare 2, Madden, all that, so the Wii just wasn't being used. Sold it for dirt cheap to someone who couldn't afford the $250 for her son's Christmas, win-win.

My favorite was bowling though.

My sister has one, and I borrowed it for a weekend about a month ago. She's got Wii Fit with it, and I have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with it. The Personal Trainer is amazing, and the Pilates and Yoga trainings are amazing (I've practiced Yoga for some years now, and I was very very happy with the instruction in the Wii). I think the whole Wii Fit thing overall is an awesome game, one of the best I've ever seen. There is even a game for correcting your golf swing, your stance, etc!!!! So take a look at it, you'll be surprised.
The Sports game which comes with the Wii is lots of fun a well.

Good acquisition Wi-Golfer.

Thanks for the responses, keep em coming. Does anyone know if the Star Wars Lego game is any good/fun?

BTW, I don't like games which require you to memorize 14 different clicks, buttons, etc to accomplish a single move. Have tried out some of the wrestling & snowboarding games with my PS2 & hated them. Makes my old brain hurt.

Thanks for the responses, keep em coming. Does anyone know if the Star Wars Lego game is any good/fun?

BTW, I don't like games which require you to memorize 14 different clicks, buttons, etc to accomplish a single move. Have tried out some of the wrestling & snowboarding games with my PS2 & hated them. Makes my old brain hurt.

If it's similar to the Lego Batman I have it'll be good. I actually want the star wars one too. With the lego batman I don't think you have any button combos. There are a few buttons on that nunchuck and they have there own function. For instance, you'll be runnin around and you'll see a blinking white circle on the ground, you go on the circle and press z (which is on the nunchuck) and you'll shoot a rope up to a rooftop. then you press up with the joystick to climb it and then pressing forward and A to jump off the rope onto the roof. It's 3 diff. functions. Quickly and in a row, but not combos just to do one thing.

Got one Xmas 2008. I like that you don't need to know a bunch of combo moves. Playing the sorts games that came with it is a good time. Got Mario Kart this Xmas. My advice is go to Blockbuster and try renting games to see if you like them. Have fun Wi-Golfer (or is Wii-Golfer now)

The wife and I struggled over the decision in '08 on what to buy for a family gift for Christmas, it came down to the Wii, or a PS3 (we considered the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player). Being as we have a 12 year old daughter, we went with the Wii for the "family friendly" games. I really enjoyed playing the Wii with my kid, especially the Mario Kart game. Lately we've gotten the Rock band game (which the kid absolutely loves), family feud (which the wife and kid have a ball with).. and a few others not worth mentioning. This year, my mother asked us what we wanted for Christmas, so we asked for a Blu-ray player...and much to our surprise Christmas morn.. she had gotten us a PS3. So, excuse me while I go enjoy MW2.

Whoever said the golf game sucked balls was spot on, although I hear the Tiger Woods game is kickass.

Wii owner here, with a few games. Had one since Christmas '07. Mario kart is great fun as are guitar hero world tour (pricey tho) and the new super Mario bros and Mario galaxy. Tiger woods sucks a dead rats anus, as do the wario games. We had a deal for an extra wiimote for $59 or you could get one with wii play game for $69. We got that and it's fairly basic but there is a game on there called tanks which is freakin awesome and very addictive. Apart from that the GF has wii fit and wii fitness coach I think it is. Likes them very much.

We've also bought games via the online shop channel, the old Mario classics, Zelda, Mario golf and tetris and bomberman. These games effectively cost about $10 and convert to the wii pretty damn well.

If you need to know anything just ask.

Lego StarWars is not a bad game. One of the better ones I've played.

I think its about time they came out with a mario golf, eh? Scuttlebutt is that they aren't planning on one, but we'll see. they'd be stupid not to.

Lego StarWars is not a bad game. One of the better ones I've played.

I think its about time they came out with a mario golf, eh? Scuttlebutt is that they aren't planning on one, but we'll see. they'd be stupid not to.

A LOT of eyars ago I had a GameBoy, and I had Mario GOlf and I absolutely lved it!

The sports that comes with it are the best. Mario kart double dash is fun and so is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

For the money you'd spend on a Wii, you could get a gamecube with Mario Golf (more fun than you think), Super Monkey Ball 2 (outrageously fun party game), and Super Smash Brothers Melee (my favorite game of all time). Easily.

The Wii is not a gamers' console, really. It's almost like a board game. I don't understand why you'd pay 200+$ to bowl virtually when real bowling isn't that expensive. Live in a basement, maybe? No job? How'd you afford the Wii? Shouldn't you be getting a job instead of playing the Wii?

Gamecube offers a lot of silly games too, like Mario Cart and Super Monkey Ball, that make it VERY acceptable for children to play. I say this because that's the "Wii" thing.

The Wii fills a niche, but, like my anus, it's not a niche I want being filled. I can't stand Mario Kart on it. Any of the guitar hero or rock band games are irrelevant since they're exactly the same on any other console. I did like the Zelda Target Practice thing, but every game on the Wii loses my interest in a half-hour. It's a $200 gimmick, but it's just what some people are looking for, I guess.

Gamecubes are dirt cheap, and there are TONS of family-friendly games available, as well as a lot of games that the more mature gamer would appreciate. SSBM has a silly look to it, but I could play that game for 4 hours any day of the week. Very easy to play, pretty difficult to be exceptionally good at, and impossible to beat me at :) . Gamecube's DOWNFALL was that it didn't have enough serious games going for it. So I think you could put it between the Wii and the X360/PS3. It's got SOME, so it's a reasonable compromise.

If you like the Wii, though, I'm glad you have one. Some guys like putting things in their mouths that I wouldn't. Life is personal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?