• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone else mad at Tiger?

I just love it... I love getting flamed for being mad when the masses have done the same before... Oh I'm mad at sergio for spitting in the cup, blah blah blah. So if the Ryder Cup means nothing then go ahead make a little organization and call Finchem and tell him not to make Golf an Olmypic Sport because playing for your country means nothing at all. Honestly dave I thought you would be the last one in this place to be ripping at me.

Oh btw next time someone shares their $.02 believe me I'll find something to flame you on because personal attacks to someone's opinion is oh whats the term... "utter bollocks".

Have a nice day Gentlemen

I don't see where you are getting flamed? You posted a question & folks are responding, not sure what else you expected?

Flom, you just don't get it. The Ryder Cup is not the olympics. And no, golf should NOT be in the olympics any more than chess should. Tiger is an individualist; he plays golf because and when he wants to. He owes you nothing. He owes me nothing. He pays taxes, so he really owes this country nothing. Certainly not to the extent to ignore the US open in favor of the Ryder cup.
:confused:
Not sure if this part regarding the Olympics was in relation to my comment, as I was the only to mention the Olympics. Although it was in no way saying the Ryder Cup was like the Olympics, but stating as an example to why Tigers head and heart may not be into the Ryder Cup and comparing it to the Dream Team, where someone else may better have their head and heart into the matches.

Perhaps you have a better explanation as to why the #1 player in the world who wins just about everything that he participates in is only 7-11-2 in Ryder Cup Matches. To me, I can only assume it is a matter that he just doesn't get as excited about the Cup as he does say the US Open.

Although again, in the same context I actually said I was more happy than mad that he would not be in the cup because I am not convinced that he is the best option even though he is the #1 player in the world.

Also when he chooses to participate in the Ryder Cup, he does in fact owe his team and country something. That being simple performing the best he knows how, as it is not a individual competition. This is not saying he has not done such in the past. Where if he chooses not to participate, that is his option and I'm fine with that part and do not feel he owes anyone such. I would actually be mad at him if he chose to participate knowing he could not provide what is expected for either injury, or just not being into the competition, when at the same time taking away the opportunity from another individual that may be better prepared to provide the best option.

Ooops, rereading the prior posts in the thread, I see he did mention the Olympics as well. Must have had the match case checked when I did the search to not pick that up. Sorry

edit 1 - Actually I see it didn't pick it up because he reversed the m and the y in the spelling

You American guys should be thrilled Tiger wont be in the Ryder Cup. It will be a great excuse to use after the snaggle tooth Euro's hand you your asses for the 4th straight time ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520