• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bought a couple of Scottys

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
I was screwing aroung on E-Bay & bought 2 Scottys. Don't tell SWMBO.

Pro Plat Mil-spec Newport w/HC $142.50 shipped. I'll give this one to one of the Sons.

Pro Plat Sonoma Two w/HC, 1st run - $148 shipped. Seller ID'd it as a Newport, he also called it 9 of 10, probably overstated but WTF.

When they get here I'll look at them, may send one or both to Cameron for resto and/or pimping. Particular interest is in the 1st Run Sonoma. I may tuck this one away.

Nice pick ups.

I play the mil-spec, some days I love it, others well let's just say I'm more comfortable bellying the wedge and putting with that :D

nice buys! good price for the SC's. I also have the ProPlat Newport 2 have to say that the Mil Spec Plat Newport 2 is the perfect putter..benchmark.

They came in & were, well, used putters. Gave the Newport to a Son & took the Sonoma 2 for myself.

That Sonoma's a great putter, narrower, longer & more angular than the Newport (sorta ugly in fact). Face balanced, smooth as buttah, feels just right. I was gonna send it to Cameron for restoration, but it's going into the bag.

I'm toying with the idea of restoring mine, but not by the studio. The studio will only do original or PP finish and I want something different. I found a few places that will do it but they can't guarantee that the milling marks on the face will remain after the buffing and refinishing.

I dunno - it's just a damn putter. I really can't decide, since I don't even putt that well with it. Maybe I'll just buy Neal's nail polished 2ball and then throw myself off a building ;)

i like the first part of the plan(i'll be returning your and rocks PM's tomorrow when i get a chance to check out the clubs and answer your Q's), but dont jump off a building

i'd miss the business;)

I recently cleaned some old stuff out of my house and took a truckload over to the Salvation Army for drop-off. While waiting for them to unload and catalog the stuff, I wandered around the parking lot, where they had a bunch of stuff set out for sale. I noticed some golf bags leaning against a back fence and wandered over (just to look...) What did I find? Two SC Napas and an SC Big Sur. I grabbed 'em and asked the guy "how much?" He said "a buck each." I tried not to choke, and pulled three bucks out.

I gave one of the Napas to my father, and will put the other two up on eBay. I'll give half of what I get for them back to the Salvation Army, since I think my karma would be seriously messed up if I didn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?