• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Coming to you from Portstewart

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so here we go...

Here's a nice one of Dave Ireland and Kilted Arab. And yes they are playing on the same day on the same course. Although it was bright and sunny all day, there was a cold Northerly breeze. KA and myself had wind cheaters on for most of the day.

Next is an action shot of KA on 10. This was a lay-up off the tee, with a fairly short approach. KA came off this a bit and it ended up getting wet to the right of the green. He still made 5 off a great recovery chip.

Another shot of the Kilted one, in trouble off the tee. Look at that rough!! Note the 2 random woman in shot. I though we were going to be plagued by them all day, but luckily they were only playing 9 holes.

Last shot is Mr. Ireland in full swing. 170 yard nine iron, showing not only Dave's mighty power, but also the strength of the wind. He put this one to about 10 ft. but missed the bird.

and some more

Dave's Bag. Now look closely! Yes, that 3 drivers!! So I reckon he was wheeling about 17 clubs in total. In fairness DAve used the Cleveland and the others were for show.

Then here's Mr. Ireland in some trouble. THis was when he stood after 4 thwacks. Seconds later the ball wa sin his pocket.

Pic 3 is Dave and Kilted Arab at the first of the Riverside course at about 9.40am. This was the gentle break-in "warm-up" in the morning. Everyone smiling, a bit excited etc.

Last pic is KA's bag. You don't see it unless you look hard but KA's 3 wood was acquired from the bag of his missus. Not sure why he was embarassed about this. He hit it well enough to dispell any rumours that he plays like a lady!!

...and finally...

Dave Ireland plucking the ball out after his first ace. 159 yards into a strong cross breeze with a 7 iron. There was too much glare for us to see it go in, but it was all over the flag. We thought it was big, but when nothing appeared over the back I had a quick look in the hol and Voila! There was Dave's A10 nestled in the cup.

What a time to pull off a shot like that, just for all you guys on da Forum.
:beach3:

Congratulations dave on the ace!

Looks like you guys had fun and the course looks in good condition, nice pics and I'm glad you all played well.

Congrats Dave! I hope those boys made you buy the drinks :)

The Pilgrimage

PIC 1.
I was lying awake @ 3.30 am, feeling slightly jittery about the impending 150 mile drive into the badlands in search of Portstewart - I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so I just lay there waiting for 5.30 to come - next thing I know it's 6.10 - I slept it !! - the more eagle eyed among you will notice the dashboard needs a polishing :D
PIC 2
IG's approach shot to the 1st and my 1st ever golf pic - he left it short in a sandy grave, but did splash out to about 5 feet
PIC3
KA's pitch and run to the 1st. The dude has hands as soft as cotton, a born and bred links shot maker - this like most of these shots it ran to a holeable range about 8 feet away .. as he said himself it was the putting that was the problem ;)
PIC 4
A sign of things to come :D , the result of my 9 iron 178 yard (I thinK) tee shot to the 2nd, there was a slight breeze off our right shoulder ;) ... the putt ? nah missed it

More to come
100_0296.JPG
100_0297.JPG
100_0298.JPG
100_0299.JPG

Wow, DI. Impressive. So few get to achieve this feat.

Something else... DI wow backswing... you give Daly a run for his money lol.

VtDivot said:
Something else... DI wow backswing... you give Daly a run for his money lol.

First pics I ever saw of my swing VT, IG has actual footage of it too. I gotta get me a bit more control !! . strange as it may seem, when I glimpse the clubhead in my peripheral vision it's the innate kickstart to my downswing.

Needless to say it's the sort of swing that'll have to change as I get older :D

Nice work, all of you. Pics make the story just that much more exciting.

And an ace! How good is that!

Congrats DI!

R35

A few further pics .. First one shows IG on the 2nd, his putting was hot on the 1st 18 holes, this was one of many that shaved the hole - he proceeded to change said putter for a ice stick on 2nd 18, that's my t/shoot further up the green

Next pic shows IG and KA getting to know one another. I'm minding my own business next thing I turn around and IG is holding KA's hand .. he mumbled some excuse about not falling into the hazard... it's sorta distracted me for a few holes.... well you hear about all this stuff that goes on when internet people meet

Next we have IG looking particularly stylish - the guy has a classy swing and stood up better than me in the windy conditions
100_0300.JPG
100_0302.JPG
100_0303.JPG

Dave Ireland said:
Next pic shows IG and KA getting to know one another. I'm minding my own business next thing I turn around and IG is holding KA's hand .. he mumbled some excuse about not falling into the hazard... it's sorta distracted me for a few holes.... well you hear about all this stuff that goes on when internet people meet

Love it!!

Great pictures Dave...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35