• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer question

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a TON of photos stored on my computer, by a ton I mean thousands. Probably 6 years worth of photos. I know this isn't the best way to store them, but what should I do with them?

Publish some of them in the Members Only section here?? :D

If you're concerned with losing them, a safe backup method is DVD. Just buy some blanks and burn them.

Another great option is flickr: http://www.flickr.com/ Flickr will be a time investment to upload and organize everything (in the midwest, all we have is time in the Winter) but will make sharing photos with others a breeze.

Decided this didn't need a new thread, but I've got a home PC problem. It won't turn on. About a week ago it started shutting off all by itself while watching videos (youtube, streaming, etc.), and then you would have to restart it. The other day it wouldn't restart. I replaced the power supply with a known good one, but no change.

Decided this didn't need a new thread, but I've got a home PC problem. It won't turn on. About a week ago it started shutting off all by itself while watching videos (youtube, streaming, etc.), and then you would have to restart it. The other day it wouldn't restart. I replaced the power supply with a known good one, but no change.

Without any more information than that, I'm going to guess motherboard. Could be CPU but unlikely...possibly video card..

When it would shut off would it give any type of error or blue screen or would it just shut off?

Does it do anything when you hit the button? Run the fans? Beep(if so how many beeps?)? Give any type of splash screen or any screen output at all?

When it shut off it would just go dark. When you hit the button it does nothing. You hear nothing. The little light on the motherboard is on though.

With a laptop, if your CPU is overheating it'll shut down. PC may be the same...?
Look for a program that can monitor temperatures - I know they're out there - and see if that is the culprit.
If not, use it as a footrest, like my kids do.

Turned out to be a bad video card. It was overloading the system. Un plugged it and the computer turns on. Now it's time to decide what I want in a video card.

Now it's time to decide what I want in a video card.

Well, you want one that is caring, holds down a good job, is nice to kids and likes long walks on the beach. Being in shape is a plus.

Good video cards are just so hard to find.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423