• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Creation and Evolution

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So I bought a creation 80 and put it into a Maltby 3w head and I like the combo. I have read up on the Creation 65 and from what I have read it would seem that it is a little different from the 80S. I was also looking at the Evolution and the specs on that look to be more what I like in a driver shaft.

From those that have played both what are your thoughts and would one make a better driver shaft over the other? Thanks!

Both are somewhat butt soft, but not overly so. The Creation 80 is also quite tip soft, while the Evo is one of the stiffest tipped graphite shafts I have ever tested.

• Staff
Both are somewhat butt soft, but not overly so. The Creation 80 is also quite tip soft, while the Evo is one of the stiffest tipped graphite shafts I have ever tested.

Well I like the feel of the 80, so it doesn't sound like the Evolution would work.

Does the Creation 65 feel ALOT different or play stiffer than the Creation 80?

The Evo is for gorillas, the Creation for Marmosets

Well I like the feel of the 80, so it doesn't sound like the Evolution would work.

Does the Creation 65 feel ALOT different or play stiffer than the Creation 80?

The 65 is almost a full flex stiffer in the tip than the 80

• Staff
The Evo is for gorillas, the Creation for Marmosets

I had to google Marmoset...

aspaceandtime.files.wordpress.com_2006_05_marmoset.jpg

• Staff
The 65 is almost a full flex stiffer in the tip than the 80

Which would make it feel stiffer correct? Would the stiffer tip section help to bring down the flight slightly or is that more of a loft issue?

Is the Creation 80 suitable as a driver shaft, or will the lighter head of a driver lead to it playing too stiff?

Is the Creation 80 suitable as a driver shaft, or will the lighter head of a driver lead to it playing too stiff?

I don't understand. I believe it was made to be a driver shaft. Why wouldn't it be suitable? And, if you read the above information, Lyle clearly states that the 65 gram has a stiffer tip.

edit: I noticed that was your first post. Welcome to shottalk! :)

Welcome to ShotTalk.

I've got a Creation 80 in a driver and it's very stable, somewhat boardish actually. I really have to go after it to get the kick. When I do it's a great feel.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520