• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Custom wedge grind

twofast2s

Reaction score
i was looking at variety of grinds in the market today and thought i customize my nike wedge that was laying around.

this was just for fun and venting out my frustration for not being able to play golf and don't have whole lot of money to ho clubs.

i had 2 purpose in mind. first one was that i should be able to swing it like reg. iron and open it up so that it elimiates a lob wedge. so distance of gap wedge and lob wedge depends on how much i open it up.

copied cleveland's Dual Sole Grind tech plus my sonartec's heel and toe relief.

any positive comments welcome. negative ones are considered taken.
DSC00549.jpg
DSC00550.jpg
DSC00551.jpg
DSC00552.jpg

one comment: dont expect much in terms of re-sale value:laugh:

What did you grind that with, a hammer?

i wasn't going to sell it. i got it as a present from my buddy long time ago. now that i had 2 sonartec wedges, i didn't need it anymore. so i got eeeeeeevil

Lyle: i have a wheel grinder that i use as a polisher/grinder.

Nice job, a little more practice and you will be able to get them to look a little smoother.
ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c24_mhymerling_SW_Grind_2.jpg

I've been doing it for a few years to all of my wedges.

Nice job, a little more practice and you will be able to get them to look a little smoother.

I've been doing it for a few years to all of my wedges.

which grinding wheel are you using? how did you make it look so smooth? your wedge looks very nice.

I actually use a belt sander with a heavy grit sanding belt and then a fine grit to smooth and finish. I can't get it quite as smooth with a wheel.

I actually use a belt sander with a heavy grit sanding belt and then a fine grit to smooth and finish. I can't get it quite as smooth with a wheel.

I do the same. I also remove the shaft as it makes it much easier.

Twofast,

You should be able to get that smoother with a sandpaper wheel. Go buy the highest grit you can find and get it smooth. You can buff it out with a wheel too if need be.

Looks good tho for your first time around.

R35

Won' the bottom now go rusty with the top chromes ground off?

Now you give the face some "teeth", and sell it to one of your moronic buddies saying itll help spin. Which is true, but not the whole truth, but that's why you choose one of your moronic friends, they'll just care that they can spin the ball more;)

Not on mine, they are stainless steel so they won't rust.

one comment: dont expect much in terms of re-sale value:laugh:

On the contrary, just find one of those websites that lusts after tour issue equipment and claim it's a 'tour van special' to get a good $200 for it!

i actually want it to rust. i was swinging it today and the light was reflecting off of the club. i also grinded the face... pics to come w/ some rust.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520