• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dave's honesty thread

dave.

Reaction score
I am not fit enough,so I now run once a day in the morning plus stretching excersises.

I am overweight,so i am now on a diet.

I am not strong enough,so I have gone back to weights.

My putting is not good enough,so I putt every night on the carpet.

My 100 yards and in is average,so I now practice it 50% of the time.

I am average at best from sand.

I am average at best around the green.

This year has been an eye-opener.I have always taken golf for granted,and suddenly,at aged 41,everything has cuaght up with me,and my handicap has gone upto 3.

I am not worthy.I am a worm.I will train like mad over the winter and return a new man next year.

It is done.My name is dave,and I am a..............................FOOL.I've wasted a season.

However,one big catch.How can I convince my lovely wife of 17 years that I ma getting fit and slim again for her and my son,my health and general well being? Instead of golf.Its going to be a battle of wits to pull this one off.

I think you're a genius!

After all you have turned golf into the means by which you are actually doing something for your wife and family from the heart! How can anyone possibly complain, when after all, your golf is really for them? Not bad. Not bad at all.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

Wow man, really.

Kind of funny how that is, I had a revelation that earlier this year that I had a chance at being something more and I was wasting it. I've always been fit, but now I try and run every day and lift weights. It isn't easy, so...

I commend you!

I quit smoking this summer for my family so now take the money I spend on that and spend it on golf.

I am overweight so we all went on a Nutrisystems diet (that stuff tastes BAD) and the money saved on food not eaten will be spent on golf.

I don't buy new cars anymore, (wait for used) so the money saved on that goes to golf.

I don't buy much software anymore so the money saved is spent on golf.

etc etc etc
:D

great thread dave.

i play h.s. golf in the most competitive region of the state...easily, and i know i don't have the game to even compete for the state title, and my school won't qualify as a team, but i do think i can qualify and go to state at least by myself, which has been my goal all four years, yet i haven't accomplished it. i'm going to join you on this venture.

1) i am not going to let the weather keep me from practicing/playing/exercising, save lighting...

2) as of this moment i'm 6 foot, and weigh 166 lbs, yet i have a gut, i either want to lose weight down to 160 or so, or put on some more muscle mass.

3) i will stop intentionally gorging myself on junk food. aka food eating contests etc. and i will eat better quality food for my body.

4) i will play one round of golf focus loosing-free.

5) i will go one year with my current clubs, too hard to play good while getting used to new clubs all the time.

6) i will average 50% of fairways and greens, even if it means giving up the driver some.

all i got now. ready to get down to business

So YG, which are your current clubs?
TA1 or supersteel ?:emot-ange

don't push me...

naw i'm really starting to groove my Tight Lies, or was, not sure how things are gonna go with this fade, these like to draw for some reason, hope it just develops into a straight shot, i really need to regrip them, but still thinking about having them reshafted with something stiffer to see if it'll drop my ballflight a tad.

i actually had the nerve to pull a TA1 out of the box the other day....so tiny, yet so beautiful....

i'm good for now

This is a serious thread,seriously.

You take golf as a given,until suddenly you are old enough to have to work at it.

I played with 2 pros last week and they were 40 yards past me off the tee,and at least 70 when they wound one up and got a lot of draw,it was an awesome display of modern power golf and I felt totally inadequate.Then they told me how much time they spend in the gym,how much running they do,how they watch their diets etc etc etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520