• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Blues

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
i have not been ablt to hit my driver for the last month or so....it got so bad as to where i was teeing off with my hybrid...its gotta be a mental thing...i can go outside at home and hit it long and farily straight....get the the range it hit it good....get to the tee b0x i have idea whats gonna happen, could be a slice, fade, duck hook, draw, or a poop shot

I am glad to see I am not the only one that can't hit a driver anymore. I haven't been able to hit mine for about 3 months now. Everything is a nasty looking duck hook. I have to tee off with a hybrid and only use driver about once a round.

Time for a new one. :laugh:

I hear you though man. I feel bad because you are going through the same thing I went through with the V2 and Epic shafts. Finally I found a shaft that worked. Did you put the MAS2 back in? I'd consider selling or swapping the V2 for something like a Graf Blue or a Prolaunch Red.

yea i got the mas2 back in it...i even bought an r7 425 with a graf. bimatrix...got it in the mail...hit my longest drives ever at home...took it out the next day only hit one fairway

Oh, Ok. I'd dump the R7 on Fleabay and keep the 425. I liked the Comp NT in the 425 myself. I'd save give the Bimatrix a chance. If you don't like it, dump everything and get a nice shaft. I'd also consider finding a few weights. It helps to utulize the ability to set the R7's up as a draw bias. I played mine at 12-6-6-1 from heel to toe and my standard shot went to a 2yd. draw.

yea i got a few weights....when i got this 425 it was 2-12-6-2...will i changed it to 2-10-12-2...when i did this i hit everything right....at lunch today i changed everything back to the 2-6-12-2...i think im gonna try 2-6-6-2 this afternoon....i bought some extra weights a few weeks ago

Put the largest difference in weight heel to toe for a draw bias. I simply stay around the factory 26g's in mine to maintain a similar swingweight. I'd try a 12 in the heel and a 2 in the toe. Do what you can to get up to the 28g's it came with. I find a much bigger diffenence in setting up draw than I do setting up for height with weight back. I get the same ballflight with 6's in the rear as I do with 12's for the most part.

yea who ever had the 425 before me had it setup 2-12-6-2...which worked great...but man what a difference between a mas2 at 65g vs this bimatrix at 78g...

I'm starting to become a believer in the heavier weight shafts (70-80g range) in a flex that suits you. :)

Try choking down on your driver about 1.5 inches. You'll be amazed at how much more control this gives you. Then after a month or so, go back to normal grip length.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?