• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Hype

ezra76

Reaction score
It's gotta be hype. I hit some old less than 400 CC Titleist driver today. It belongs to this older guy "Nappy" that I play with sometimes. It had an EI-70 R flex that he cut the tip on, lengthend in the butt end and wrapped tape all over the bottom of the shaft. It felt to be at least X flex in anything I've hit stiffness wise. Now this thing is a 7.5* and I hit it on a mid trajectory, 3 times and just as long as any driver I've hit except it rolled out longer. There is no such thing as a driver that is 20yds. longer than another one, it's all BS.

Hey Ez, I got an r510tp with creation, amazing combo, and i guarantee you'll hit it 30 yards longer than your 3w:D

There is no such thing as a driver that is 20yds. longer than another one, it's all BS.

Agreed 103.6%
I have tried comparing the Burner against my R7 460 vs the FT-3 & all of them have pretty much the same distance, comes down to which one you like the looks & feel of as well as which one you can most often manage to keep in the middle of the fairway.

Hey Ez, I got an r510tp with creation, amazing combo, and i guarantee you'll hit it 30 yards longer than your 3w:D

Nope. Twofast has the 540XD TP tour issue 8.5* and a driver SS about 8-9 mph. faster than me and couldn't get more than 20yds. past my 3W.
icon10.gif

I'd better stop bragging, he's really going to bring the pain when we start to go match play again soon. :laugh:

Mine is a 10.5 Ez, i can hit it longer than my 905R without much problem, but the R is wayy more accurate for me.

Mine is a 10.5 Ez, i can hit it longer than my 905R without much problem, but the R is wayy more accurate for me.

I've got a Creation en route, 65X. Also have a 10.5* TEE head coming...
icon10.gif

So, does this mean you'll actually stop ho'ing drivers?

I can't believe I actually asked that....

Yep, I'm going to ask you to clean out the refridgerator, climb in and sit there until you realize what a stupid question that was.

Go on.

Get going.

No doddling.

R35

;)

Yep, I'm going to ask you to clean out the refridgerator, climb in and sit there until you realize what a stupid question that was.

Go on.

Get going.

No doddling.

R35

;)

I'm sorry.....

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
icon10.gif
I'm swinging well again, gotta feck it all up with 6 different drivers now.

510TP with a Creation? Ooooh, I've just got a stiffy.

Thats a club I would like to hit, $80 and its mine?

Agree ezra76, No head of recent times should have 20 yards difference, and shaft is the motor.
I have not tried the Creation shaft, but doubt it will make a 20 yards difference, these days anything over a 5 yards differential is huge.

and shaft is the motor.

Shaft is just one element of many. The old adage the shaft is the engine has been proven false thanks to the countless research of guys like Tom Wishon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300