• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

driver shaft for a 127mph swing speed?

RoughedgesMR

Reaction score
for some odd reason my driver swing speed was around 118 last season. i had it measured this year and i was 127-129. what the hell? anyway i am under the impression that my aldila 65s is not the shaft for me to play anymore. i just got the new tm tour burner. It has the 60s and i can feel alot of flex. the aldila is on my old callaway. should i even bother switching it out or just get a new shaft? and what would you guys recommend for that swing speed? thanks guys.

V2 X-Flex, probably 76g.

Just curious, what do you shoot?

V2 X-Flex, probably 76g.

Just curious, what do you shoot?

didnt play much last season because i got hit by a car. 5 handicap when i am playing but i am now hitting the ball better than ever. I thought i was looking at a 75 or so.

might wanna try a grafalloy prolite 35 x-flex..it fits between 115-130 mph swings

didnt play much last season because i got hit by a car. 5 handicap when i am playing but i am now hitting the ball better than ever. I thought i was looking at a 75 or so.

Fair enough. Is your swing one for loading or sweeping?

Do you want a higher or lower ballflight?

How did you get hit by a car?

Welcome to Shottalk!

Fair enough. Is your swing one for loading or sweeping?

Do you want a higher or lower ballflight?

How did you get hit by a car?

Welcome to Shottalk!

sweeping. lower ballflight.

i got hit in transit to a mountain bike trail. Guy whipped out of a parking lot tires screeching and just nailed me. flew over the hood and banged up pretty good. he hit me right in the hip. next day it looked like somebody inserted a cantalope in my side. bed for a week. lots of roadrash. best part was he ran and somebody pulling out behind him followed him to his house and called the cops.

Well, the V2 is great for a low ballflight. Beyond that, its more for a loading swing(to me anyway). But it should work, at 127mph, I'd say a Stiff or X-STiff in 76g. It does play rather stiff to flex, with a really low torque.

Really cool of that person to follow them, its sad what people do these days. I used to motorcycle race, and yeah, injuries plague the swing.

yeah it sucks. and i couldnt wakeboard because i cut my shin open right where the binding comes up to. its cool, though. i sold my wakeboard and am getting into kiteboarding.

i hear you on the motorcyle thing. I have had some close calls when i had my quad. My friend roadraces his cbr1000rr. i roadrace my car

yeah it sucks. and i couldnt wakeboard because i cut my shin open right where the binding comes up to. its cool, though. i sold my wakeboard and am getting into kiteboarding.

i hear you on the motorcyle thing. I have had some close calls when i had my quad. My friend roadraces his cbr1000rr. i roadrace my car

I roadrace, Honda as well. Good taste in motorcycles, your friend has.

I roadrace, Honda as well. Good taste in motorcycles, your friend has.

he had a gixxer telefonica. he sold that then missed and just showed up at my office one day with the cbr. He has the power commander, intake, and akrapovic pipe. Its so fast it should be illegal

Aye, I started to take it seriously as well, but decided better against it.

127 SS, how about a piece of 48 inch rebar? lol. J/K, glad your all healed up and hitting the ball better than ever apparently.

Welcome to Shot Talk BTW.

Shame you gave up wakeboarding, I did a lot of that before my boat broke, how do you like KiteBoarding, I've always wanted to try that.

are there such a thing as xx flex? if you are spraying your shot and bring down the SS down some, than heavier x-flex should do the trick. V2 is one that comes to mind ;)

are you having any problems with high ball spin? my friend who has alot of clubhead speed couldn't ever get his ball spin down till this year. he switched to the diamana whiteboard 83x. what a difference it has made. his launch and ball spin is amazing now. carrying it farther than ever with total control. as matter of fact, last weekend we played in a skins game. since its early in the morning they have a two off the 1st tee rule. hole plays 353 and he flew both balls on the green.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301