• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

explain this, guesses welcome

dave.

Reaction score
I found an un-hookable driver, left side of course taken out, will go on Ebay for at least £2000

Tour Burner head, shafted with .350 YSQ AD Tour 65g in stiff, shimmed in, grip 45g to lift the swingweight, which comes out just about D0 so I can experiment a bit, tipped 1", guide is 1.5

Anyway, first day at range the head is great, high MOI, off centre hits going for miles, usual solid TM feel off the face and shaft every smooth, lively tip and not a struggle to swing for me.

But was leaving most out right, 10-40 yards. Head sits square, contrary to the nonsense posted on the net, the head looks a little closed but imho its the shape of the head that makes it look like that, its actually square.

Tried to hook, moved ball back, front foot forward, club taken back inside and head thrown at the ball, just stayed deadly straight. Went for big swinger, literally aiming 40 yards right and wrapping the head around the ball like a Beckham free kick, and looked up and had a nice 1 yd draw, no more.

Pro next to me sniggering, he had a go, left everything put right then he tried wrapping it right, all he could get was a deadly straight laser like drive.

So, is it the swingweight being to low, is ti doing something to our release, what exactly? I'm no duffer, I'm almost back to full fitness and know hiow to hit a draw, drew half a dozen 7 irons no problem to convince myself I'm not going mad, but this club has magical properties! To take out the left side of the course it must be worth thousands!

Very strong cross wind from left to right and you don't have the skill to turn it over enough to fight into the wind. You always hook your irons which is why the 7 iron managed to turn over and looked like a draw. This can be the only possible explanation... As for the Pro next to you, he was extracting the urine from you!

Its a special prototype TM driver that is magnetized to prevent clubhead rotation at impact. They ditched the MWT in that model, so they needed something to square it up for the hackers that play them. You need to send it back to them to have it set-up for the MDB (magnet draw bias). This will no doubt cost you a bundle, so I can re-magnetized it for you for a nominal charge.

Or, you can sell it for 2000 pounds. (Apologizes, I do not know how to make the "pound" sign on my computer)

Similar to Clugs theory, but its an experimental model that was never to be sold to the public. it has a microscopic gyroscope mounted inside. It was to be called the TM Gyro 580 Tour Edition Anti Hook Model, or the TM G590 TE AHM. They will probably give you a fortune for returning it to them !

Or, you can sell it for 2000 pounds. (Apologizes, I do not know how to make the "pound" sign on my computer)

You need one of those foreign computers. Has the pound sign over the 4.

Kevin

just wait....first time you're at the course and there's trouble down the left.....you'll find a way to snap one....

IMO tip stiffness is playing a big role. You've got a head that's made to sit on the end of a 46" shaft that weighs 45g's. So it's light. Now you put a tipped shaft in there and that shaft tip is playing very stiff. So you've got a stiff shaft playing with an X tip section.

hmmm, some good guesses, some others right out of some anuses though

its tipped only 1/2" Ez, won't make hardly any difference. Put on 6gs lead seems a bit better, but still just will not hook

its a miracle

or its just the tip is to soft for my late release, the opposite of what you said EZ I thinlk

Ez, believe it or not but that burner head weighs 202g, so its not light at all. With Dave trimming the shaft less the club will, if anything, be tip soft.
I thinks this is a subconscious thing that happens to better players with good feel.
The shaft you have in their is soft feeling to begin with, you under tipped it so it feels even softer. Take this and add in what looks to the eyes like a closed face. Now during the swing your golf brain is making micro second adjustments based on what you saw and what the club feels like. The end result is a delayed release because your "feel" is telling you this is a must.

yep, I reckon so. Its taking me some time to get used to it. But it seems worth it, the ball is 10 yards over the 510/757

I bet I could hook it. Hooked the heck out of a Tour Burner w/stock stiff reax...

Have a Cobra S9-1 stock stiff speeder shaft, that I havn't hit a straight draw with yet although I havn't been trying to play a draw anymore. Just Fades or the odd slice. :p.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520