• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-3 Tour???

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a search but didnt turn up much. I have a nice little gift card to TGW.com and they have the FT-3 Tour on sale. I was thinking about picking up a Neutral 9.5* w/ an NVS S shaft. I know Rock plays this driver and I am looking for reactions to it. Is it high launching, low spin head? also any input on this shaft would be much appreciated as well. I have always played high bend point shafts, and the specs on this one (65g version) say its more for smooth swingers...any thoughts??? Thanks All!!

And replace your TM? Heresy!

I have two of them. ;)

Just got back from the range. Pumped about 10 straight over the 250 sign on the fly. I'm easily carrying this thing 270. The ball just FLIES off the face. The sound is something different, but when the ball just stays in the sky for years, I could care less.

I was reading a story just this morning of a guy that got rid of his FT-5 in favour of his trusty FT-3. That's sound proof for me that this is a solid clubhead.

I liked the NVS, and I think you might like it as well looking at your current setup. However, the face is higher launching, so if you're a high ball hitter (like me), it might not be up your alley.

Pros

ballspeeds
consistency
feel
look

Cons

very difficult to pull and save shafts

Good luck with your choice, Jim.

R35

Couldn't you get a shaft to counteract the high launching face?

Yep. VS Proto is what I have in it now.

However, I was just mentioning that so that he might reconsider the NVS in favour of something lower spin.

R35

Perhaps an X-Stiff V2? :)

• Staff
Yep. VS Proto is what I have in it now.

However, I was just mentioning that so that he might reconsider the NVS in favour of something lower spin.

R35

Well the 3 options at TGW are the NVS, the NV and prolaunch. All in the 65g version. I believe the NV is lower launching, I could be wrong though. I was thinking that since I am playing a 10.5 now, if i dropped to the 9.5 with a higher launching shaft i should be ok. And of course I could always put a diff shaft in...http://www.shottalk.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

PS-was just looking at the specs for the NV, definitely low launch Vs the NVS, maybe I will go with that in an S or X flex. how true to flex does the NV play, if anybody knows?

I find the NV very soft to flex. I've maintained this position for a long, long time. I had an X flex in my Launcher 460 and couldn't control that thing at all.

I like boardier shafts tho, like the Graf Blue, Accuflex Evo, the VS proto, the V2, etc. And, while it defies some logic, the NVS is very stable. I had three in three different clubs in S flex, 65g, and all 3 handled 109mph easy. In that same time, I've sold every NV I've had, as they all were crap (ps, enjoy those 'Tim.:D).

I would give the NVS a go. If you hate it, have it drilled out and put in something you know you love.

R35

• Staff
I find the NV very soft to flex. I've maintained this position for a long, long time. I had an X flex in my Launcher 460 and couldn't control that thing at all.

I like boardier shafts tho, like the Graf Blue, Accuflex Evo, the VS proto, the V2, etc. And, while it defies some logic, the NVS is very stable. I had three in three different clubs in S flex, 65g, and all 3 handled 109mph easy. In that same time, I've sold every NV I've had, as they all were crap (ps, enjoy those 'Tim.:D).

I would give the NVS a go. If you hate it, have it drilled out and put in something you know you love.

R35

I think that is the way I am going to go. Every driver I have ever had, I felt like I had to "swing out of my shoes" to get the results. The NVS is for people with a smoother tempo (according to the golfsmith catalouge) and that is where my swing needs to get.

Thanks All!!

Goodluck Jim, and keep us updated.

I loved my FT3 Tour. :) It had a Graf Blue ProLauch which was great for me until it broke. :( Some people don't like the more muted noise it produces but it soon becomes normal and something you prefer & becomes a plus point.

A shaft I would like to try in the FT3 would be the UST V2 but my FT5 has just turned up this weekend with a ProLaunch & I love it already ! ! !

I loved my FT3 Tour. :) It had a Graf Blue ProLauch which was great for me until it broke. :( Some people don't like the more muted noise it produces but it soon becomes normal and something you prefer & becomes a plus point.

A shaft I would like to try in the FT3 would be the UST V2 but my FT5 has just turned up this weekend with a ProLaunch & I love it already ! ! !

Just out of curiosity what is your swing like. One of the options I have is to get it with a pro launch, but I had kind of dismissed that as not fitting my swing (never played it though). So I am interested to know what you swing is like....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520