• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goals for "08" bag

I am with Sanwedge on this one, my goal is not to buy another club in 2008. Of course, that goal is as likely as a flood in Georiga these days.:laugh:

only thing i might be changing will be my hybrid w/ 2i, and replace my wedges. they are getting little worned down.

Driver/3 wood/wedges/putter should be as listed in my sig.

Irons are up in the air, as is the 2 iron hybrid/5 wood slot.

Beach bag is pretty stable, unless I sell those irons.... ;)

Overall I am satisfied with my setup.
Will most likely yank both hybrids out & pick up a nice normal 3 iron & possibly a 4w just to see how it works.

Hell... the only change in my bag in the last 10 YEARS has been a driver and a Lob Wedge which is rarely in the bag anyway.

I suppose I will add some new equipement next year. One dozen Maxfli Tour Fires.

I'm already backing up on this one.
icon10.gif
I purchased a SM 60* and that would replace my 58*, giving me a 50-55-60 setup off a 45.5* PW. Maybe I should play the current irons-wedges for another year.

No changes planned for the irons or wedges. I guess at this point the only change I'd like to make (or try) is dropping the 3 and 5 wood for a decent 4 wood. I hit the Nickent too well to take it out of the bag and I finally found a driver I like, so I'm looking to fill that gap with one club. Might have to spend a few more lunch hours at Golfsmith this winter to really be sure, but that would be it.

I'm planning 2 changes for the 2008 season, getting a driver which will be shafted w/UST V2 76 stiff, probably a 905R. This will be when I get to 5.0 handicap. Then, when I get to 4.0 handicap, I'll splash out on a 60.04 Vokey SM and possibly a 56.14 but we'll see when we get to it. Apart from that I'm set, irons are perfect, putter not leaving

My Hoing aims for 2008 are to get a settled bag!!! Maybe try a couple of drivers/wedges but Irons, Putter, 3 wood stick with whats not broken. Also from now on when I ho a new driver I'm keeping the old one for at least 6 weeks after getting the new one!!!

Months, days, hours, whats the diff right MG?:laugh:

I am going back to all softer shafts, and I mean softer. I am a bit of an anomaly when it comes to golf equipment. I have tried all year to fit in to the normal what should work category but have finally admitted this just works better for me.
My swing, with a smooth one, what feels like about 75% is constantly around the 100 mph mark. Yet I have come to the conclusion that I am most accurate, and equally long with shafts that are rated for 75-85 mph swings. They keep my tempo under control and I just love how the feel. I never get flippy with the softer shafts so my trajectory stays more consistent, and I always can feel the club head. So I have a bunch of soft "R" flex shafts on route for my woods.

So all my clubs will have softer shafts next season including my irons which I find I can easily hit an "A" flex shaft as far as an "S", except I am far more accurate and in tempo with the "A". So all my irons will have graphite "A" flex shafts in them. Yes, graphite as well. My elbow always hurts so these will help with that as well.

So to sum it up. I will have a driver, 3 and 5 woods next year all with soft "R" flex shafts. A 3 and 4 hybrid and 5-LW in irons all with "A" flex shafts.

My bag will look pathetic, be light as a feather and will be a simple joy to play.

Thanks for listening, your friendly neighborhood *****.

I am going back to all softer shafts, and I mean softer. I am a bit of an anomoly when it comes to golf equipment. I have tried all year to fit in to the normal what should work catagory but have finally admitted this just works better for me.
My swing, with a smooth one, what feels like about 75% is consitantly around the 100 mph mark. Yet I have come to the conclusion that I am most accurate, and equally long with shafts that are rated for 75-85 mph swings. They keep my tempo under control and I just love how the feel. I never get flippy with the softer shafts so my trajectory stays more consistant, and I always can feel the clubhead. So I have a bunch of soft "R" flex shafts on route for my woods.

So all my clubs will have softer shafts next season including my irons which I find I can easily hit an "A" flex shaft as far as an "S", except I am far more accurate and in tempo with the "A". So all my irons will have graphite "A" flex shafts in them. Yes, graphite as well. My elbow always hurts so these will help with that as well.

So to sum it up. I will have a driver, 3 and 5 woods next year all with soft "R" flex shafts. A 3 and 4 hybrid and 5-LW in irons all with "A" flex shafts.

My bag will look pathetic, be light as a feather and will be a simple joy to play.

Thanks for listening, your friendly neighbourhood *****.

I couldnt agree more about the flex of irons. Next year I will be dropping down from S flex irons to either Rifle 5.5's or DG R300's, I lose no distance and found that again, my tempo and accuracy are much better with softer shafts in my irons...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520