• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfsmith Customer Service

trumb1mj

Reaction score
I am having one hell of a time with golfsmith's customer service. I ordered a new wedge (my last one was lost) on May 1st. It's still lost in transit somewhere. Today it is Missouri and I live in Chicago.

It takes about 2-3 days for anyone to get back to me when I write to inquire when and if my package will get here. I have tried calling but it takes a half hour to get through to anyone.

Has anyone else had problems with their Customer Service?

Golfsmith will be in the toilet by years end. They're impossible to deal with.

R35

I saw you ordered it on May 1. When did it ship? I have never had a problem with ordering from them online. We had issues similar to this when we ordered from a store and was supposed to pick it up from the store, but they resolved the issue quickly.

When I order with their free shipping, it was somewhat slow. But got there in a week to 10 days from shipment. With their UPS Ground shipping, they are sometimes slow to update and it went from Mesquite Tx, and the next update was out for delivery. This sounds more of maybe a UPS issue if that is the courrier, however having to wait 1/2 hour for answer isn't good, you may try the sales #, where I get a fairly quick answer if that is not what you tried.

I know the people in the stores are no help. Took me an hour to find some shoes the other night I liked. Sure, I shopped the clearance/last years selection, but is $5 off the normal price, really a sale?

I ordered 4 Nike DryFit Polos online since they are on sale right now for $10, instead of the $45 normal price.

They don't ship until June17, but I've already been charged, and GS says they don't charge until shipping is made. On the tracking site, it says they are only shipping 3 shirts too.

I wonder how this order will turn out?:real angry:

They don't ship until June17, but I've already been charged, and GS says they don't charge until shipping is made.
Actually I don't think they can legally charge your card until the item ships assuming this is a CC, but I may be wrong. That is what I have always heard.

Actually I don't think they can legally charge your card until the item ships assuming this is a CC, but I may be wrong. That is what I have always heard.
That's a nice fantasy, but they can charge your card as soon as you place an order. It's a scam technique I see all the time in my industry. Internet vendors advertise a ridiculously low price on an item listed "in stock." Idiot bites, gives them their C/C info. The card is charged immediately. A month later, after hearing innumerable excuses and false promises, the customer finally calls their bank and disputes the claim. A month later they get the charge reversed. Meanwhile, said scumbag company banks the interest and moves on to the next 10,000 saps falling for the same thing. Finally, after about a year of rampant profiteering, the online reviews start catching up and the company is dissolved and re-formed. Rinse and repeat.

Capitalism baby. This is why we need LESS government regulation of business.

Golfsmith has always been great for me - I had one bump over a Cleveland 588 a couple of years back, it PO'd me but they made it right. Usually I get things the next day after I order.

That's a nice fantasy, but they can charge your card as soon as you place an order.
I guess I am kinda sheltered on that part. Or I guess more likely I have sheltered myself in first knowing the reputation of the place prior to really having bought anything with my CC.

Where personally it makes sense that for myself I may get PO'ed but it wouldn't be worth the hassle of saying anything assume I get what I pay for.

I will say in the orders I have placed for Golfsmith, they didn't bill until it was shipped. Where in the same since, I have paid for many a purchase direct where they billed prior to having it shipped to the company. I actually usually try and opt for direct sales whenever possible, although I have been doing more and more online now between the gas prices and availability.

I think the fact that we live in a gated community and have 2 different address depending on the courier is probably the biggest reason I don't buy as much online. What a PITA that is to deal with.

My local Golfsmith is a POS! always empty and poor service. plus I hate their return policy. the other big chain store here gives full credit under 90 days.

I know the people in the stores are no help. Took me an hour to find some shoes the other night I liked. Sure, I shopped the clearance/last years selection, but is $5 off the normal price, really a sale?

I ordered 4 Nike DryFit Polos online since they are on sale right now for $10, instead of the $45 normal price.

They don't ship until June17, but I've already been charged, and GS says they don't charge until shipping is made. On the tracking site, it says they are only shipping 3 shirts too.

I wonder how this order will turn out?:real angry:

I don't see any nike dri-fit polos for $10.

I finally got my wedge today...

One month late.

Charged my card.. removed the charges, however- called to inform me, the polos they allowed me to order, and said were in stock, or no longer in stock, and won't be able to fill my order.

Golfsmith sucks. I think I'll stick to the Edwin Watts and the PGA Superstores from now on.

I did however, get a paid of new etonic g-soks shoes that are NICE, and very comfortable for $60 from them the other day.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520