• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good News!

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Inbound:
1-Tour Edge Exotics 15* 3w
1-Grafalloy Comp NT 85 g shaft X Flex

Was trying to find S flex, but came across the X flex pull that looks like it was never tipped. Hoping it doesnt play to much stiffer than the S flex. Soon I will have my old faithful 3 wood back in the bag!

Next on the list....driver....

• Staff
No worries! I had the 85S and tipped it a bit. Thinking it will be ok

That would be like DGS300 for me lol

That would be a great stick. The Comp NT is not an overly boardy shaft, great feel.

R35

• Staff
That would be a great stick. The Comp NT is not an overly boardy shaft, great feel.

R35

That was my experience as well. When I first got one I was worried it would be like the old Grafalloy Blue shaft that was like rebar. When I hit it though it had great feel and just flew forever! It was exactly what I was looking for in a 3wood.

Oddly enough, I tried a blueboard in my 3w thinking that since I loved it as a driver shaft why wouldnt I love it as a 3w shaft. Not true at all. All I could manage was short pop ups and shots that flew further up than out.

Looking forward to hearing about this combo Jim. Have a TEE CB1 head here shaftless and am loving the Comp NT shaft in my FT Tour. Will try something similar if you have a good experience.

• Staff
I am surprised at the Comp NT. If I remember correctly when it was released it fell flat on the floor, didn't seem like anybody wanted one. Once I hit it, I knew it was THE 3w shaft for me and now they are super hard to find. Go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520