• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great Shots of ALL time!!!

... wait a second are we talking about the Chip on 16th @ the masters in 2005?

HOW IS THAT NOT ONE OF THE TOP 5 SHOTS EVER!?!? Honestly this guy planned his shot went out there and executed. I bet 10 out of 10 PGA golfers wouldve played a completly different break and wouldve ended farther than 4 feet from the cup. That is the ultimate chip in history has ever seen.

DL3 made the exact same chip about 3 years earlier on 16. He was a few shots further back than Tiger, but it was essentially the same shot.

It was a good chip considering the circumstances, of him not having won a Major in 2 years and then being put in that situation with that chip.

I think the 'great' shots from the PGA pros are ones that we know we wouldn't even think of hitting. Like Tiger's shots in Glen Abbey and Hazeltine, where the rest of the tour would just chip out and hope for an up-and-down.

Yep,Tigers bunker 6 rion was an amazing slash at the ball.Personally I prefer something with more finesse.Maybe I am a bit picky.

Imo,Watson's chip had more skill attached to it,he had to open the face wide and land it on a dime,literally,the landing area was that small and he had no margin of error,and it was a shot that WON the US Open.And the rough was deep Bermuda and it was a downhill lie.

Not to mention he called it as well.

The shot of his that stands out in my mind was 2002 at Hazeltine, I think it was the 18th hole. Tiger drove into a bunker as he was chasing down Rich Beem. He got to his ball and it was in the side of a bunker, not buried but below his feet. He also had trees in his line, so he needed to draw it around them. I dont know how many of you have tried to hit a draw off a downhill lie but its almost impossible for the mere mortal...needless to say, Tiger hit 7i from like 202, out of a downhill, sidehill lie in a bunker around trees to 15-18ft and then sank the putt for birdie....That was a great shot, not the chip in at augusta (that any pro could have hit)!!!

I totally agree. I've never seen a more amazing golf shot. I think I repeated "I don't believe it. How did he do that?" about twenty times.

This is the one I remember. 200+ yard 6 iron from the bunker over 200 yards of lake, all carry. 2 putt to win by one. Insane

I have seen this. The one I is on about doesn't beat it, I'm afraid.

Check it out - it is his #1 shot (as voted by himself) on his 3 disk DVD. UNREAL.

I totally agree. I've never seen a more amazing golf shot. I think I repeated "I don't believe it. How did he do that?" about twenty times.

yeah, that is the one I am on about, I think !!

Don: What's the best shot you've ever played?

Tiger: Probably the best "feeling" shot I've ever played in competition was at Hazeltine. I hit a snipe off the tee, I was in the left bunker and we were finishing up the second round on a Saturday because of a rain delay. The wind was howling at 30 miles per hour. My heels were up against the edge of the bunker -- I was closer to it than I would have liked. I had to hit a three iron up over the trees with a big draw. It was so good ... it went through the shaft, into your hands, through your arms and into the heart. It was one of those special shots and I'll never forget how good I felt when I hit that shot ... And I made the putt too!

Don: Many people remember the shot you played at the Masters last year, which was absolutely sensational!

Tiger: That involved a lot of luck. It needed skill to throw the ball up on the green, but there was a lot of luck in trying to read it. I was trying to get it inside 15 feet, I'm not trying to make it. The shot that I played at Hazeltine was eons better than that.

A young Ballesteros playing a 3 wood from under the lip of a fairway bunker on the 18th hole of the 1993 Ryder Cup against Fuzzy, smacked it 250 yards to 18ft. Nicklaus called it the greatest shot he ever witnessed.

He WAS lying 3 in the sand and had to go for broke but it was still some shot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520