• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heisman Joke...LOL!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So Reggie Bush has forfeited his Heisman, LOL!!! Does anybody else find this absolutely ridiculous. It has been 5 years since he won, just now he gets a penalty that isn't even much of a penalty???? Like he wasn't the best player on the field that year? This cracks me up! I guess I just assumed that all high profile college athletes that are bound for the pros (nfl, nba etc) were on the take. I mean what good is the NCAA if they can't catch these kids WHILE THEY ARE IN SCHOOL? And now they punish the few kids on the team that were clean.

College football is such a joke to me. I don't even care so much that Bush took money, I would probably too in his shoes. I laugh, loudly, at the hypocrisy of the NCAA though. Coaches can bolt, high profile players can bolt both with no penalty, yet if you want to transfer (legally) you have to sit a year. Meanwhile the team you playef for/coached is left with penalties etc.

It just cracks me up....

The thing that gets me the most about this is why they are taking his trophy. First of all he didn't cheat, take HGH, or roids. He played good football to the best of his ability. Which is why he won. The school should take the entire heat for this incident. They are the ones that came to him with the money because they wanted him to play for USC. Sure he knew it was wrong but when you come from a poor background you want to do good. He received money to pay for his parents house, a car and hotel rooms. Who wouldn't in his shoes. Maybe the car and hotel rooms could be considered wrong. But paying for your parents house. Who wouldn't do that for their family.
That being said rules are rules. He obviously and knowingly broke them. O well they can't take away the way he played those years. They defiently can't take his Super Bowl win from him either and they can't take away his fans. I am more of a fan now than when he first got drafted. I know people have mixed feelings about this and what he did but i could care less. He is a great athlete and he has the rest of his career to earn money and do even more amazing stuff than when he was playing College. Give him his Heisman back. He is a good dude, not some young punk.

It is weird indeed. There is a fault in offering money, so blame USC. He played football and played damn good!!!

One question, now do they have to "award" the five year old Heisman to someone else? Or is there a different circus act for that?

• Staff
It is weird indeed. There is a fault in offering money, so blame USC. He played football and played damn good!!!

One question, now do they have to "award" the five year old Heisman to someone else? Or is there a different circus act for that?

I am not questioning the fact that him taking money was wrong. I just hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA, to me they are a joke. They should really just call NCAA Football what it is, Minor league football.

They have said that the now "vacated" Heisman will go without a winner for that year.

I don't understand why schools don't have a degree in football or basketball or other. I always looks at degrees in music by analogy. If you are getting a degree in music by training to be a concert pianist, you can still give concerts and performances and be paid for them. There isn't someone lording over them telling them they will lose their "amateur" status by accepting payment for something they are getting a degree in.

I think that schools should set up a degree in each sport and pay their athletes for playing those sports. If the NCAA wants to step in a limit the payment equal to a certain number, then I don't have a problem with that. But, as said above, you just assume that they are all on the take in one way or another. So many of these guys have "jobs" from the boosters wherein they don't have much of anything to do and yet still get fat checks. Just cut out the middle man, and let them be paid for their sports playing. If someone wants to remain an amateur and get scholarship and follow all the "amateur" rules then they can choose to go that route.

But, the "student-athlete" at many, many schools is a joke.

From what i gathered the Heisman will not go to the runner up. Leaving the spot vacant for 2005. Which really sucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520