• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help Me

Adam, what the heck is with that green? Is it a temporary winter one?

Yeh, I'm afraid so. Still averaging about 30 putts on them though :), they are basically fairways.

i'm always amazed at how many people post videos of their swing when not actually hitting a shot. to me, video is meaningless unless there is a ball flying toward a target, as that's the only real measure of the quality of the swing. positions and aesthetics can get overblown.

I have a video of me hitting the ball but theres no point in me posting it, for two reasons; 1) the quality is crap 2) My swing is identical.
Thank you for the upbeat cheery nature of your post though.

I must admit I thought your Green looked Crap!!! Now i know why.

Good advice from your uncle. If I were you I'd pick a Pro and work with him, anybody else offer you advice just say thanks, ignore it, or run it past your Pro before trying it. I know a promising 15 year old golfer but he's not doing himself any favors because he switches Pro's for lessons and listens to advice from anybody who offers it him. He's playing off 7 hit's it miles but always manages to mess his swing up a few times during the season. He should be off less than 4 if he'd just stick with one pro and practice his chipping & putting.

Your probably right Paul but a pro is expensive and University wont pay for itself next year. I havnt seen a Pro for a few years now but if I start playing more seriously then its something I'll look into.
I just talked to my uncle and he pointed out something that I never even thought of, I need to get a little further behind the ball on my backswing, hes completly right when I try to swing hard at my driver I lose it out to the right a little (blocked) because I forget to get a bit behind the ball.

Yeh, nice swing... Shame about the crappy music and editing... :laugh: So what Uni you going to?

Yeh, nice swing... Shame about the crappy music and editing... :laugh: So what Uni you going to?

Hopefully Strathclyde or Glasgow, havent decided which yet. Either way Glasgow will be my home for the next few years. Are you going to the Senior Open ???

Hopefully Strathclyde or Glasgow, havent decided which yet. Either way Glasgow will be my home for the next few years. Are you going to the Senior Open ???

Good choice young man. Glasgow is a great city, in fact we just spent a long week-end there (mid term). We got a great tour of Glasgow University by a friend on Saturday afternoon. Beautiful architecture (I had no idea).

I did my Masters at Strathclyde in 1990 (when Glasgow was the European City of Culture!) and vaguely remember a fantastic year. No golf to speak of but a lot of drinking, oh and of course study!

Oh and that swing stuff looked very nice. You remind me of me when I was but a lad. Skinny with fast hips!!!! I'll bet you can throw some shapes on the dance floor!

At Turnberry? Yeh, I'll probably nip down for a day, but there's no train station there, so I don't know.

My bro just got a conditional offer from London School of Economics and an offer from UCL, so he's away to London! (I get a games room)...

Good choice young man. Glasgow is a great city, in fact we just spent a long week-end there (mid term). We got a great tour of Glasgow University by a friend on Saturday afternoon. Beautiful architecture (I had no idea).

I did my Masters at Strathclyde in 1990 (when Glasgow was the European City of Culture!) and vaguely remember a fantastic year. No golf to speak of but a lot of drinking, oh and of course study!

Oh and that swing stuff looked very nice. You remind me of me when I was but a lad. Skinny with fast hips!!!! I'll bet you can throw some shapes on the dance floor!

I'm a huge fan of glasgow, I've yet to sample the night life but its meant to be some of the best in Scotland. And yes I've been known to throw a Shape or two on't dance floor, strangely I think my dancing has gotten better since I can drink legally/regularly.
Cheers for the compliments on my swing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422