• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help please!

greig_design

Reaction score
Hi guys, last time I posted on this forum I got some brilliant responses so I thought I would consult you guys again! I am designing a new golf bag and am looking for some feedback from some serious players to ensure I listen to the actual market needs. I have selected four different concept routes each aimed at solving the current design problems.

The four concepts are to design:

1) A modular golf bag that has fully removable pockets, stand, full length dividers, rain hood etc. so that the bag can be built to the requirements of the particular round, time of year etc.

2) A true cart bag that will have an innovative ball mechanism built into the base allowing 360 degree swivel, all terrain travel and removes the need for a trolley. The unit will support the weight of a fully loaded bag, will be able to be removed to allow the bag to be carried and two bags and units will fit into the boot of a medium sized car boot.

3) An all in 1 bag that removes the need for buying a stand and cart bag. It will consist of a generic tube and two different outers that can be changed. One will be for a cart bag and one will have a stand.

4) A stand bag that has a quick, easily removable stand design that allows the stand to be removed and the bag used with a cart, removing the problems associated with balance, rattle etc. of the current stand bag and cart configuration.

If you could please let me know what concept you think has the greatest market potential and which you prefer, from the four above I would be extremely grateful! If you have any suggestions for any improvements that could be made then feel free to expand. Once the concept is finalised and designed I will give you guys a preview and upload some images as a reward for your valuable time. Thanks again, hope to hear from you soon. :)

greig_design said:
2) A true cart bag that will have an innovative ball mechanism built into the base allowing 360 degree swivel, all terrain travel and removes the need for a trolley. The unit will support the weight of a fully loaded bag, will be able to be removed to allow the bag to be carried and two bags and units will fit into the boot of a medium sized car boot.

Greig

IMO a bag's design depends on the target golfer so you should work on that aspect first. Define your segment, understand the needs and then design something to match those needs. Do it well, make it attractive, robust, light and at an attracive price point and you may be onto something.

It seems with the above options you are casting the net too wide. My guess is that this is the one you are working on. It sounds really interesting. I can't picture how you walk with the bag, who or what supports the weight of the bag to keep it upright?

Where are you based in Scotland? Are you still at University? My sis-in-law is at University of Strathclyde acting as a consultant in new product / design development. Bizarrely her boyfriend is doing exacly the same at Glasgow University. Sounds like exactly the sort of thing they work with.

Good luck.

greig...

How do I say this tactfully...?

You have a total of 3 posts here, all of which are asking for help and input on your future business endeavor. While this isn't necessarily spam, it is dangerously close. The expectations on this board are that a person signs up and actually contributes through participation before going for the "what can you do for me?" bit.

If you are seeking an online golfing community that values give/take, then hang out and do so. If you are seeking a repository of rubes to drop in and poll every 5 months, then move along.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply IrishGolfer, I am at Strathclyde also and am in my fifth year. Yes this is the one that I am tending toward and will be happy to show u the finished product. Is you sister in law acting as a lecturer then?

Bdcrowe, I am at this stage using the post as a discussion stimulant and i was not aware that this was causing much of a problem. However, from your tone I can tell that for some reason this is not acceptable, not like you were being petty however. Unfortunately as I am in my last month of my degree I cannot join in on as many discussions as I would like. I will not trouble you again.

Thanks again IrishGolfer!

Thanks for the reply greig.

I was in no way trying to be confrontational. The post was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt. Per terms of service...

http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4299&highlight=spam
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4299&highlight=spam

... most folks would have been banned no-questions and posts deleted.

This is how things are at most any forum. A quick look at a 3-post-history should give you an idea of how this appears from the inside looking out. Again, as a board mod, I gave you the benefit of the doubt with a reply before any action taken.

Good luck in your endeavors.

I want a bag that incorporates a refridgerated 15 gallon keg of Stout and an accessory compartment to safely store good scotch and 4 tumblers. Oh... and I also want a button to push that will summon a half-dozen hooters girls with hotwings to my location on the course.

No room for clubs? Bah... just give me a 3-wood, a 7-Iron, and a putter and I'll be fine :)

The perfect bag

Based on advice given to me a a member of this forum,:rolleyes: I need a bag that has a hidden compartement. Ergo, a 15th slot, the bag must swivel inside and drop the extra club down into the false back, to be summoned at my whim. When I chose the extra club one of my other clubs would have to rotate into the compartement, so I am still show 14 clubs. This "James Bond" style golf bag would be perfect for me to adhere to this individuals advice, and I would need one as well as this unamed other person. His on the other hand might need a couple of more "extra pockets".:emot-ange

Witmaster said:
I want a bag that incorporates a refridgerated 15 gallon keg of Stout and an accessory compartment to safely store good scotch and 4 tumblers. Oh... and I also want a button to push that will summon a half-dozen hooters girls with hotwings to my location on the course.

I had one of these, but I traded it for a wedge.

:D

R35

Individual tube for each club. However, make each tube padded in some way as some of these individual tube bags are as rough on the clubs as the clubs themselves banging together. Protection of the clubs is foremost with me.

Rockford35 said:
I had one of these, but I traded it for a wedge.

:D

R35
Obviously she is already setting the ground rules. You probably then had to pawn the wedge for part of the ring. :)

I can tell you with utmost certainty, I would even give up my LW for one of those. Actually, I would likely be willing to give up all my clubs and my bag to make room for that in the cart. Would certainly make the waits up here entertaining.

Greig...

I actually enjoy carrying my clubs. I'm not going to go insane, as it would just end up as a golf bag I could never afford, but the one must for me is the Ogio Woode Management club system. Or something to that effect. As similar as possible would be great. I had to pay a huge amount of money for my current carry bag. A Mizuno Twister II... Usually, it doesn't cost that much. I had to get it custom made, with something almost identical to the Ogio. It's really good.

A removeable stand would be cool as well. Although the only problem with that, is the size. If it's the size of a stand bag, you would never be able to carry it round. If it's the size of a stand bag, it's not very big, so why not just carry it?

I would only buy a bag if it had a dual strap (rucksack style), because they are so much easier to carry. I caddy regularly for a +4 handicap golfer in my club, and ALWAYS have to change the strap on his bag. He uses a cart bag with a single strap. I can't carry single strap bags properly. I always end up changing it to a dual strap. It evens out the weight which makes it a lot less tiring when you're carrying it constantly, for four rounds in four days or something.

Thanks for all the reply guys, I will be in touch with how the project turns out! Cheers, Greig

Greig, although I ride at all times I can see a great following with a modular bag that can be changed from stand to cart. Even a modular cart bag would have great advantages based on the course chosen, ie: small cooler for those that allow one to bring their own beverages, etc.

I can see added weight (snaps, zippers, etc. ) as a potential problem for a modular bag that can go from stand to cart....maybe use velcro for the various pockets closures since snaps/zippers will be required for attaching.

P_102

I want in a golf bag that i can drive to the course, will act as a distraction as i sneak on to courses that are way too expensive for me, act as a battering ram for certain courses that wont let teenagers on, improve my swing,will carry me around,encourage more people to give me free clubs and finally act as a floatation device that will help me retreive golf balls from the water hazards. Is that too much to ask ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301